• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

Thanks @Methyl90 .. It happens only when I increase methylb12 to very high doses(20mg sublinguals) a day. At less than 10mg, it never happens.. So increasing mb12 will increase the need for methylfolate? Is it possible? I remember reading Fred's post that increasing mb12, will not increase the...
  2. R

Hi @Athene*, Just another doubt I thought you will shed some light on.. Whenever I try to increase my b12 like 4*5mg sublinguals in a day, I get easy bruising (blood leaking in small patches under the skin). It seems to be a symptom of b12 deficiency, which I have never experienced without...
  3. R

Thank you @Athene* , @Methyl90 .. Learned a lot from you guys!! Keep posting your experiences.
  4. R

Wow... Thanks Athene for warning me! I just placed an order with Greg, and he said shipping to India is suspended due to covid. I said I receive lot of stuffs from US/UK. Then he said he will ship the bottle to US/UK, and I should ask someone to ship it to India?!!!! I was like "ok, but who will...
  5. R

Just to read about your health improvements especially dark hair after 25years kind of gives me a psychological boost🙂 happy for you! And have you ever tried the b12oils from Australia? Many people on this forum consider the oils a great alternative to shots and extremely more powerful than...
  6. R

Adenob12 always causes strong methyltrap for me too, when taken 3 days in a row. Once a week, doesn't cause methyltrap. With your doses of methylfolate and mb12, you would most definitely need supplemental potassium I guess. How much potassium are you taking if any?
  7. R

Yes, I think that's what @Athene* Athene says. She takes 20mg elemental lithium everyday. She has been taking for 3.5years. She is one of Fred's followers who hugely benefited from his protocol. So, I want to go with her.
  8. R

😔 there is a good chance that Fred's post was a typo.. As you said we can't find a single supplement on the market that provides 5mg lithium orotate with 0.1mg elemental lithium per capsule/tablet. If it really was a typo, I seem to have wasted 1.5years on 1mg lithium a day. I take...
  9. R

Yes I too remember Fred talking about TCR-li in kidneys holding b12 longer. I took chelated copper on empty stomach first two days and had those side effects. Today I took with a meal and I tolerated very well without side effects.. Which is better for absorption? Yes, I will get my copper...
  10. R

Hi Athene, Now I am confused about the doses too!! Hope Fred @Freddd himself could clarify this! (Sorry Fred for disturbing you.. When you get to time to see this, please do clarify on lithium doses in terms of elemental lithium) Athene, but since you have been taking 20mg elemental lithium...
  11. R

I think it's the other way around.. 131mg lithium Orotate contains 5 mg elemental lithium. Which means every 26.2mg lithium Orotate will give us 1mg elemental lithium. It relates well(approximately) to Fred's calculation. His initial dose of 240mcg elemental lithium comes from 0.24*26.2=6mg of...
  12. R

@Methyl90 Hi methyl90, Please read the above quote by Fred.. In most of his posts he is referring to "lithium Orotate"... Not much clarity whether 5mg of elemental lithium or lithium Orotate itself. In the above quote he has written clearly 5mg lithium Orotate has 240mcg of elemental...
  13. R

Fred talks about very tiny Microdoses of lithium. 10 to 20mg lithium Orotate which contains around 1mg elemental lithium. Taking more has no benefits according to him. And homeostasis happens very slowly over years... We must have deadlock quartet along with lithium and all other supporting...
  14. R

Thank you so much, Athene, for your time. I learned a lot from you today. I will contact you from time to time, if you don't mind. I am an Indian, living in India. Here in India, not much of diagnosis or anything. Just symptoms and medications targeting symptoms. Fred has helped a lot in the...
  15. R

@Athene what copper you use? Same source naturals one copper sebacate Fred suggests? Each tablet has 3mg elemental copper.. How many do you take?
  16. R

Thanks Athene for clearing things up quickly! So it's not zinc that caused copper deficiency... But it's refeeding syndrome as Fred explains. So you seem to need almost half copper as much as zinc?!! That's interesting.
  17. R

Hi Athene, How much zinc were you taking initially? Do you think copper deficiency was the result of high zinc in fred's protocol? Or copper was just an induced deficiency from starting methylation effectively? As Fred explains, is it refeeding syndrome or just that too much zinc demanded more...
  18. R

I feel sad to know that, Fred.. But I am very sure, you will be cured very soon as you have cured yourself of many so called "incurable" illnesses. Get well soon, Fred. Our prayers with you.
  19. R

Can anyone explain? What is freddd telling about prostate cancer, copper instability? He is talking about some mouse model? Or is he himself diagnosed with it?(hopefully not).
  20. R

B-12 - The Hidden Story

@Freddd For your attention..
  21. R

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Dear Fred, I have an important question for you. You were already on CNS penetration doses of mb12 when you added lithium. Then you grew enough TCR-li so that you don't need large doses of mb12 anymore to maintain b12 levels in the CNS. Do you think that CNS penetration doses are necessary for...
  22. R

freddd, any findings on differential effectiveness from l-methyl folate? That is the most difficult supplement to understand I guess. One more question, does normal 2% pasteurized milk contain any whey significant enough to cause methyl trap?
  23. R

Hi @Freddd , Now I seem to have changed from "reallyconfused" to "somewhat confused" :) Thank you so much for the explanation. I asked that question because, when I first took 1mg enzy sublingually, it really did blew my socks off. As you said, almost all my senses were changed for the better...
  24. R

@Freddd a quick question. If a person is b12 difficient both in body and csf, he takes 1mg enzy mb12 sublingually and takes 15mg methylfolate to keep out of insufficiency. The 1mg enzy is enough for body but not for csf. So will this lead to a methyltrap in brain but not in body? Since...
  25. R

Recognizing Paradoxical Folate Deficiency in Papers

Hi Freddd, Do milk products trigger folate deficiency? Or is it an entirely different problem? Thank you.
  26. R

Recommended brands of SAM-e and d-ribose? (on Freddd's protocol)

@Freddd - In one of your previous posts you said : "I did find that it is important to avoid a group of things as they all trigger partial methylation block or methyltrap. So I avoid cyanide, glutathione and excessive nitrous oxide (and take prophylactic b12 injection before having it), whey...
  27. R

Wow Freddd, I can't thank you enough for your answers! Good news is that, this time I am tolerating methylfolate(1000mcg) well without the neurological symptoms I experienced previously! This time I am doing the following differently from last few times: 1. I am taking Adb12 (which I was not...
  28. R

@Freddd - Thats a very detailed answer! Thanks so much! I have a very busy week ahead right now. From my past experience of total intolerance to tiny amount of LMTHF atleast 4 or 5 times independently, I am so scared to even touch it again. I will give it a try this weekend. I will take 800mcg...
  29. R

@allyb - Have you figured out how to tolerate l-methylfolate? I am dealing with very similar problems! I take Solgar MB12 5000 mcg daily, Source naturals Adb12 10,000mcg(half tablet once a week) without any problem. More energy, clearer thinking etc.. But once I add even a tiny amount of...