• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. V

Candida/SIBO

Thank you, this is quite informative. At the moment there is so much information to absorb; there really isn't a 'one size fits all' solution, and I just need to devise a dietry plan that will work in accordance for me - I suffered with glandular fever as a child, but I always felt as though my...
  2. V

Candida/SIBO

Thank you for the informative post. Did you use the probiotics in conjunction with the anti fungal/antibacterial remedies, or after? I've seen l'glutamine and S. Boulardi mentioned numerous times, I presume these are to be consumed after diminishing the bad bacteria, and not prior? Thank you...
  3. V

Candida/SIBO

I agree, there is no concrete proof for candida and although it may be viewed as conjecture, that's not to say there's no truth to it. In all matters, I'd prefer to keep an open mind. My GP is unsure as to what is causing the bloating. I've tried various medications on his recommendation, but...
  4. V

Candida/SIBO

No I haven't - I'm not actually clear on what it is exactly? What diet and enzymes did you find beneficial? Thank you, I'll have a look into this.
  5. V

Candida/SIBO

Occasionally in the mornings my stomach does tend to be flat. Although the moment I ingest something, it will distend. May I ask what diets/supplements you've tried? I do agree; there are certain foods that will exacerbate the problem, and others that aren't quite as troublesome.
  6. V

Candida/SIBO

Thank you for the warm welcome and informative post. :) I'm also of similar build, and it's frustratingly problematic. I did preorder hcl betaine not long ago, but I'm unsure as to whether it'll have the same benefits as the digestive enzymes you've mentioned? Either way, I suppose everything...
  7. V

Candida/SIBO

Hello all, this is my first post but I'd appreciated as much info and advice as possible. I seem to have a myraid of health related issues, which I largely suspect is caused by a yeast/bacterial infection. The most visible symptom appears to be a distended abdomen, which I've suffered from for...