• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Help needed - B12 Binding Capacity test result

I'm very appreciative of the info and advice! Sounds like it would have been important to have a serum B12 test at the same time. I wonder if my serum B12 levels were high even though I stopped supplementing for the required 72 hours before the test. (I had been supplementing with methylB12...
  2. S

The blood draw was at a LabCorp facility and from the report it appears that they performed the testing.
  3. S

Hello - I’m struggling to interpret the results / treatment implications for a couple tests my CFS doctor recently ordered. I’ve searched the forums and poked around the internet but, not surprisingly, I remain confused. I’d be super appreciative if some of you learned folks could provide...
  4. S

Help needed interpreting elevated ACTH. Related to methylation issues?

Hi Rich - I have had a 24 hour saliva cortisol test (although it was a number of months before the recent ACTH test) which came back within the normal range for each collection time. Not quite understanding the HPA axis I would have guessed that (in a healthy individual) the high ACTH would...
  5. S

Hi Rich - Thanks so much for your reply! I have indeed been diagnosed with ME/CFS. I meet the criteria quite nicely - thank you very much :cheeky grin:. I have had symptoms for 20+ years. I do fall under the "wired and tired" subset. I wonder if the elevated ACTH is a contributor there...
  6. S

Hello all Ive been watching this section of the forums for a while curious whether my CFS symptoms may be related to methylation issues and trying to learn (on a very simplified level) the biochemistry involved. Unfortunately gaps in my education and brain fog are proving to be major...
  7. S

Comment by 'seadanc' in 'Being and Thinking: the Quality of Life Blogs Begin :)'

This is my first post… I’d like to start by expressing my heartfelt thanks to everyone here for helping me as I learn to accept the “not doing” of CFS. Direct experience / mindfulness / be-ing has always been a struggle for me. Doing – accompanied by anxious thoughts and an analytical...