• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Susanna D

Epigenetic modifications and glucocorticoid sensitivity in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

Is there any specific reason to assume that a hyper respons to glucocorticoids could be connected to rtx respons? Couldn't it just as well be the opposite way?
  2. Susanna D

[Sweden] Expressen.se: "Karin, 32, imprisoned in her own bed – for five years"

Later yesterday Expressen published a follow-up article about the strong support from Expressens readers to Karin and Henrik http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/starka-stodet--till-me-drabbade-karin Heres a slightly corrected Google translation: The story of the ME sufferer Karin Eriksson, 32...
  3. Susanna D

IACFSME 2016 conference agenda is up

Ok, Thanks!
  4. Susanna D

IACFSME 2016 conference agenda is up

Will the presentations be filmed and made available on the Internet?
  5. Susanna D

NIH: Post-exertional Malaise Research Opportunity (info via Workwell Foundation)

It's great that they engage experts! Sorry for my foggy brain. To me it sounded like they were recruiting CFS-patients that not necessarily have PEM to the intramural study. And only thanks to this visit they would now make sure to also recruit some with PEM.. I guess this focus group is a...
  6. Susanna D

NIH: Post-exertional Malaise Research Opportunity (info via Workwell Foundation)

Is this true?? They are going to do a study about ME/CFS and don't know what PEM is? It is the most important feature of ME/CFS. A key symptom needed for the diagnose according to the Fukuda-, CCC- and ICC-criteria. Of course ALL people in the study with ME/CFS should have PEM as a symptom...