• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Rarnik

Dealing with the NHS

Hi all, Anyone got any advice for dealing with the NHS? I've been feeling off since 2007, though it didn't really take full cfs shape until 2010 and has since shifted to something slightly atypical. Err, words, awkward bloody things. I didn't find out about cfs until 2013, after a locum...
  2. Rarnik

Talking / mental fatigue

Feeling zombified so quick post. Bought actrapid insulin from India. Bought insulin pen injectables and used a pair of pliers to take the top off and put in a nasal spray bottle. If your in U.S then you can follow advice on following link. (just seen your not)...
  3. Rarnik

Talking / mental fatigue

I've read this thread before but forgotten about it. Was searching again after bumping into my auntie, and a friend of hers, whilst in town today. Short three minute conversation, mostly them talking and boom...extreme mental fatigue. Glad to hear others have this problem...if you know what I...
  4. Rarnik

Polylactate and George Brooks

Thanks for the response. Yeah, it's funny but I thought there would be hits for George Brooks as I'm sure I've been seen him mentioned before but I, like you, got nothing.
  5. Rarnik

Polylactate and George Brooks

Hi all, I'm quite lucky in the distance I can walk without any obvious tiredness these days, though I have a limit and hills reduce it so I minimise those. In my hilly town, I find myself with only one route I can take and so have walked it most days over the last 8-9 years. I have to walk...
  6. Rarnik

Glutathione producing and regenerating probiotic

https://drohhiraprobiotics.com/lactobacillus-fermentum-me-3-summary-of-human-clinical-trials/
  7. Rarnik

Glutathione producing and regenerating probiotic

Hi all, I've seen one brief thread mention this product 2 years ago and then heard about it on cfsremission, HERE.. It's called Reg'Activ and comes in a few different forms. From the website. 'A Complete Glutathione System: Lactobacillus fermentum ME-3 is capable of boosting glutathione...
  8. Rarnik

has anyone seen Dr Stewart in Sussex (UK)?

Thanks for your response, Annie. I've just had a copy of a letter sent to my g.p arrive on my doormat. It says, amongst other things, 'it would be helpful to know whether anxiety which was a dominant feature previously is still in evidence'. Rather annoying to see them say that in print...
  9. Rarnik

has anyone seen Dr Stewart in Sussex (UK)?

I visited him in May 2014. Long session - too long for me, especially after travelling on train up there. Almost smashed head on pavement when I left as I was so tired and dizzy. Everything seemed to be going well until I mentioned a long history of anxiety and depression had cleared up a...
  10. Rarnik

Bains Dérivatifs--Cold Water Therapy

Hi all, Signed up to leave this report on my experience with the bains during February and March last year. Wasn't able to write until l.d.n seemed to give me a little more endurance, at least I think it was the naltrexone! I found this thread last year and immediately started by sitting on...