• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I

uBiome results

Hi. Was a bit away and missed the response. Thank you. I'll re-test it today. So in about 6 weeks I should have the results and will post it back here.
  2. I

uBiome results

I just did another uBiome and seem to have Proteobacteria in excess. I've uploaded a tree classification diagram from uBiome that shows some of the major ones. Your Bacteria at the Phylum rank compared to All Samples Proteobacteria: 3.31 X Tenericutes: 1.73 X Firmicutes: 1.10 X...
  3. I

Great Plains organic acids test interpretation

Thanks for this. I didn't even think that the low Krebs markers were a problem... they just look normal. I'll read through those guides and the oxalate thread and see if I can conclude something. I found a SNP in PFKM in glycolysis rs2228500 AA Arg100Gln. But all I found is this article...
  4. I

Great Plains organic acids test interpretation

Hi Does anyone know how to interpret an organic acids test? I'm not sure which parts are most relevant, but some things seem off, like - very high Uracil - slightly high Succinic, hippuric, arabinose - high HVA/VMA - low ascorbic - high glutaric - slightly low pyridoxic It's strange that if I...
  5. I

uBiome results

I don't know. I'm just questioning everything and trying to understand what's going on with me. It would be helpful to have a histogram showing the distribution of the data, and what are the min and max. 1.31X doesn't tell me that much. I asked and they said that they'll provide more info in...
  6. I

uBiome results

Ok. Thank you. What if the extra dioxin genes represent an adaptation of the microbiome to cope with an increased dioxin load? I don't know much about the microbiome, but wouldn't most compounds be absorbed in the stomach/ upper small intestine where there aren't any bacteria, so perhaps they do...
  7. I

uBiome results

@alicec Hi Do you know what the "Secondary metabolite degradation" part means? Am I being poisoned by dioxin or is it insignificant? This is compared to all samples: Dioxin degradation 1.31X Xylene degradation 1.31X Drug metabolism - other enzymes 1.07X Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon...