• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Otraust

CFIDS Stages A B C D

All I can see in my history that relates to it was, as @alex3619 says, notes from a talk given by Dr. Cheney in 2001. The site I had been browsing it o is not online right now, so here is a prohealth link to the same content. http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=8901
  2. Otraust

CFIDS Stages A B C D

I think I may have seen something similar whilst doing research on an unrelated facet of the illness, I will look through my history and see if I can turn up what I saw, though I don't think it is quite what you are referring to, @Intignia
  3. Otraust

Otraust

4. Otraust

A couple of bits I managed to persuade myself to show you.

There was some encouragement of my writing on my intro thread, so I thought I would share a short story I wrote a while ago. I have also included a couple of links to images I created, just because I am feeling brave. Second ever animation: http://i.imgur.com/JDh5dK0.gifv A speculative house...
  5. Otraust

Coyne - What it takes for Queen Mary to declare a request for scientific data “vexatious”

I was considering (if I can make myself) writing an article about that, in a sense. The issue being for me at the moment, I haven't really gone public about my illness, that may or may not be me/cfs but is on the spectrum (according to the guy I saw about it anyway). My long time pre existing...
  6. Otraust

Maternal Childhood Trauma and Placental-Fetal Stress Physiology

@SOC All I can find right now is this summary article in the Indie, I know there are more studies out there, but I am not at full brain capacity right now, I'm afraid...
  7. Otraust

I don't know if it panned out, and my information may be out of date by now, but I think that in 2004/2005 sort of time it was announced that ovaries replenished eggs in most mammals to account for loss, damage, destruction, and natural degradation, making use of stem cells found in the ovary...
  8. Otraust

Oh I agree that there could be mechanisms, at least as far as my own limited knowledge extends. I was not very clear, I was trying simply to say that all that was put in my mind by the first post was the idea of an epigenetic mechanism. I was thinking when I made that post that the copied...
  9. Otraust

All I can think of seeing this is the idea in this paper: http://archpsyc.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleID=1211984 combined with known epigenetic transmission issues caused by stress (all I can remember for that one is the two studies regarding stress during male sperm production and...
  10. Otraust

Daily Telegraph: It’s time for doctors to apologise to their ME patients (Charles Shepherd)

It likewise gives me that error, however tells me that it is the picture of a doctor in that article that they deam unsafe somehow.
  11. Otraust

DIY Poor man's Tilt table test (PMTTT) for OI, POTS and NMH

It is hh:mm:ss. Each value given is total time since the start of the test. So I was standing for 15 minutes total after lying down for an hour.
  12. Otraust

DIY Poor man's Tilt table test (PMTTT) for OI, POTS and NMH

I know for a fact I fidgeted, shivered, wretched, burped, coughed, etc I feel so much worse after doing this and was feeling very faint by the end of it, as well as more nauseated and with awful vissual distortions, muscle weakness, and a weird headache in the back of my head. My brain fog (30...