• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. sorin

There will never be a cure for CFS...

But what if a new retrovirus is discovered? The one responsible for our disease.
  2. sorin

There will never be a cure for CFS...

Wow! Why do you think so?
  3. sorin

Anyone here used HIV/AIDS treatment for CFS?

@xcell Very interesting your post! This is what I also supposed long time ago. The question is, what are the side effects of these HIV drugs? Are they dangerous for a CFS patient? And would it be suitable for mild CFS symptoms (I mean part time work, a few hours per day, a few days per week)...
  4. sorin

Is artemisinin + iron effective treatment for CFS?

What I understood about artemisinin is that it targets the cells that retain iron (such as the cancer cells). When artemisinin is taken together with iron, it becomes more effective than without iron, probably because the extra iron is retained by the tumoral cells and the artemisinin is able to...
  5. sorin

https://www.cmnact.com/Blog/2017/February/Artemisinin-and-its-Ability-to-Fight-Cancer-with.aspx http://artemisinine.net/news/the-antiviral-activities-of-artemisinin-and-artesunate.html https://draxe.com/wormwood/...
  6. sorin

Hello again! Anyone here tried Artemisinin (extract of sweet wormwood) + iron? Recent studies show that this combination would be effective in treating cancer and against EBV, HSV, etc. I am going to start taking this one...
  7. sorin

What is your personal theory or understanding of ME/CFS?

What specifc tests are used to diagnose this disease and what is the treatment?
  8. sorin

What effect does getting drunk have on you?

I actually enjoy often 1-2 glasses of wine in the evening, at dinner. Drinking more than this leads to some neurological weakness, mild headaches, etc. But in general is good because of relaxing effect :)... And actually it goes well with the food, too...
  9. sorin

Ok... And what makes suddenly the immune system to be weak? The immune system that used to be very good, becomes weak...
  10. sorin

recurrent persistent dry cough treatment

Of course, the like is to express that you are on the same opinion with someone and not that you "like" the situation described which may be miserable in fact. :)
  11. sorin

what is the latest theory about high CD8 and inversed CD4/CD8 ratio?

Hi all! What is the latest scientific theory about cause of the high CD8 and inversed CD4/CD8 ratio? In my case CD8 is far above the high limit, since 2 years I started to monitor them. For CD8 the upper normal limit is 811 while I have 1259. The CD4 is in my case 866 leading to an abnormal...
  12. sorin

Regarding Multiple Sclerosis I did a MRI scan for head and the person who "read" the images said this hypothesis is eliminated. Regarding the thymus, the worst thing I suppose can be a cancer of thymus gland, please check this https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/thymoma/symptoms-and-signs But it...
  13. sorin

My personal theory is that the Thymus gland is affected. http://www.innerbody.com/image_endoov/lymp04-new.html Remember that CFS is affecting our immunity, damaging it. That is why the thymus is affected too.The thymus gland is located into that body area where the problems with the irritation...
  14. sorin

This seems to look like Multiple Sclerosis? Did you perform any investigations into this direction?
  15. sorin

@Shoshana : What is your personal theory about the cause of this dry cough and throat irritation? Is it a long term virus action? Is it asthma? Is it from CFS? Or something else?
  16. sorin

Thank you @Shoshana for your reply. Very good point you made about adapting the speaking mode, I noticed it too. Did you make any medical investigations about the cause of throat's irritation? For example an endoscopy of the throat? Or some lungs X-ray?
  17. sorin

Hi all! I want to ask if others experienced repeated dry cough, so persistent that is annoying because does not let you sleep in the night or work in the day time. The throat is irritated and when you breath, the introduced air rubs the throat and produces spasmodic dry cough. Do you...
  18. sorin

I think a virus is responsible for this, and most probably a retrovirus (one related with HIV). It produces an immune dysfunction and a kind of mild HIV symptoms.
  19. sorin

CD4-CD8 Test Interpretation

Which NK cell test do you say that shows abnormal values for CFS patients? For example, in my report the NK cells CD3-CD16CD56+ is 319 which is normal (the reference interval is 115-669).
  20. sorin

@heapsreal I did a 9 months treatment with Valtrex against CMV, HSV. After I have stopped it I felt relatively acceptable (far away from being cured).
  21. sorin

I started to feel bad in 2010 (very strong flu infection, like mononucleosis) and first symptoms of CFS started in 2012. Two years ago I did the first CD4, CD8 test that showed an inversed ratio and elevated CD8. I repeated the test at each 6 months and the values are pretty much the same. So...
  22. sorin

I said "side effect" because that co-infection normally would not appear, but appears because of an immune deficiency caused by the main infection (like HIV or other infection). Maybe I used the wrong term but we actually refer to the same idea.
  23. sorin

That's interesting but I am afraid there is a kind of vicious circle. Because CMV, EBV can be active even if IgM is negative and PCR negative? For example I have high IgG but normal IgM and still high Cd8... So what is the conclusion here? Unfortunately, no conclusion. We can make only...
  24. sorin

I thought that only CD4 is important for HIV positive people. They would want to know when CD4 goes below that threshold of 350. But why would be they preoccupied about CD8?
  25. sorin

@TrixieStix My problem is not necessarily with the CD4 count which is (866, 30%) but with the high CD8 which seems abnormal (1259, 44%). That makes the ratio to decrease to 0.69
  26. sorin

I am not sure about this, even I admit that I would like that what you said to be true. But if it would be true, and if it would be normal a low ratio, then why on the blood test report is given the "normal range" [1 - 3.7]? Consequently my result of 0.69 is not normal according to the report...
  27. sorin

Sorry, to what infection do you refer?
  28. sorin

Mine is there for already 2 weeks and no sign to cure despite all local liquid solutions I have tried... Should I get used to its permanent presence there? And, on the other hand, seems these mouth ulcers are common to HIV patients. Is this another proof that CFS is very related to HIV since...
  29. sorin

Hi! I did not know that HSV can cause painful lymph nodes, muscle aches and sore throat... Did you test for antibodies in the blood for HSV and it was positive?
  30. sorin

But the mouth ulcers are now still in your mouth or they have gone?