• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

Hi @stridor It has been almost 2 years since I've posted. It's been a rough road with brain fog from the methylB12 shots I started back in 10/2016 when I switched from sublingual. I've tried every dose of methylB12 shots & various doses of accompanying methylfolate, and still unable to find...
  2. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

Hi @jnwp I am very sensitive to ADB12, and many others are too. After 16 months on @Freddd 's Protocol, I'm still not entirely certain of my dosage and react when I take too much. I usually feel overly jittery and get shortness of breath when I take too much. I can only tolerate taking it at...
  3. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@caledonia @stridor I just realized something after being on the computer for awhile to write the previous 2 posts above. I think the brain fog/vertigo-like feeling probably caused by an irritation/focusing issue with my eyes when on the computer (that leads to a disorientation between my eyes...
  4. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@stridor I just realized that there were several things I wanted to ask you about in response to your Jan 17, 2017 post above, but my eyes and brain will not allow it for now. Meanwhile hope you don't mind I've been tagging you on my recent posts to caledonia, and appreciate any input. I think...
  5. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@caledonia @stridor I checked my multi and nothing contraindicated in it like ALA. I also get overly revved up on adenosyl if I take too much. When I try decreasing by 1,000mcg, then I feel more tired. It took me over half a year to titrate up to 3.000 mcg/day. I could try experimenting with...
  6. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@stridor @caledonia I really do think it's the MB12, but will allow myself to stabilize on previously better tolerated lower dose of 200mcg shot, then increase the Vit E to 800 IU. There is 200mcg (286% of daily value) of selenium (as sodium selenate) in my multi. Is that enough for now? I...
  7. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@caledonia Thanks for The Core Four. You said even with mercury in my mouth I could still start The Core Four now to help with the ongoing mercury exposure, and that The Core Four supplements should also help with recovery from the EDTA. Is there any chance that it could make me worse at...
  8. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

You said I could start the Core Four now even with ongoing Mercury exposurev(still have old fillings), and that You said The Core Four supplements should also help with recovery from the EDTA.
  9. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

Hi @caledonia Thanks for writing back and for the hair test info. I will look into it further.. Can you please tell me or send me a link to the Core Four supplements? I searched but couldn't find them. I'm guessing that Vit C is one of them, and wondering if I can take Ester-C instead of...
  10. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

Hi @stridor So nice to hear from you! You've mentioned before that MB can change into Hydroxy when left in the light, but I've never heard that elsewhere. I will research further before trying it, but don't want to give up in MB just yet. The anti-Hydroxy people on the forum, including @Freddd...
  11. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@stridor @ahmo @caledonia @whodathunkit @Freddd Hope you all had happy holidays and wanted to wish you a Happy New Year! It has been a rough ride switching from MB sublinguals to MB injections, but I'm glad I stuck it out. I started trying to post several times, but just couldn't get my...
  12. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@stridor I have been wanting to write you for the past 2 weeks, but have been too messed up, especially in my brain. I did finally read your B2 thread when I was more coherent, and I feel embarrassed about complaining about my stuff after reading about yours! You have really been through a lot...
  13. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@stridor Just sent you a quick post above, but forgot to tag you. Not sure if I have to tag you for you to get an alert.
  14. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

Quick question on your angular cheilitis before I run off to the doctor. My understanding is that it occurs primarily in the corners if the mouth, but I thought I read somewhere that it can occur in other parts of the mouth/lips. Do you know? Was yours only in the corners? Did you have lip...
  15. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@stridor I can't believe I hit the post button by mistake again! To finish my previous thought, I'm hoping the lip/mouth issues getting slightly worse is some type of healing reaction. When I healed from B-12 deficiency before, some things flared up during the healing process before they got...
  16. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@stridor I was so relieved to hear that your little brother is still alive, and of course as you said, where there is life, there is hope. It sounds like his condition is very serious, and he has been through a lot. I hope and pray that he will recover from this. I appreciated your encouraging...
  17. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@stridor I am so sorry to hear about your brother's illness. Is there any hope of a recovery? I didn't want to bother you while you were going to see him, but thank you for being so kind to offer. I have a very dear older sister and could not imagine her being seriously ill. Before I go on, in...
  18. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@stridor Just wanted to add that the majority of my diet is veggies too (esp love broccoli), can't do fruits because of sugar issues. However, due to my own gut problems, which I have been working on for years, but still haven't resolved, I don't know how much folate I am creating from folacin...
  19. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@stridor It's been a rough 2 1/2 days with shots! I think I have figured some things out and hoping for some input from you. I don't expect a reply on a Sunday night, but I can hope! I have to drive 45 minutes to town tomorrow for food, and need some kind of "normalizing" game plan to pull it...
  20. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@ahmo thanks for writing. Having some problems transitioning to shots, but trying to figure it out. Having terrible brain fog, but I am going to try to post @stridor right now. Will tag you on it if you want to read. I know you can't comment on shots, but I am also trying to figure out my MF and...
  21. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@stridor I just did my first 2 injections and wanted to run that by you, but first wanted to clarify the above from your post on Sunday. I've experienced in the forum where people (including me) inadvertently mix up "mcg" and "mg" and often it's just a typo. I just wanted to make sure that you...
  22. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@stridor Sorry, I just posted a reply to your question above without tagging you, so I thought I better give you a heads up to check my new quick reply above in case you didn't get an alert. Also wanted to add that all of these increases occurred from Oct 2015 to the present.
  23. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

Thanks so much for your quick reply! I was surprised we're close in age. For some reason I thought you were younger. As I get older, most people I encounter are younger than me. FYI, I came to my dose of MF by starting with a small dose, probably 1/4 of a 400 mcg Solgar because I had just...
  24. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@stridor After a bad experience with Solgar 5mg MB12 (in my ongoing effort to find an Enzy alternative), I decided to order the MB injections, arriving Thurs, 10/6. I did get the 10mg/ml so I could do smaller injections, tho the pharmacist thought the 1mg/ml might stay in the SubQ longer due to...
  25. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@stridor Hi Brad, I really identified with some things you said in your last post, and had tears in my eyes reading it. I know what it's like to be stumbling on this forum, pressing all the wrong buttons because I couldn't see or think, sometimes losing long posts I'd written in the process...
  26. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

Thanks caledonia! I will go with the Blue Bonnet.
  27. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@caledonia Now Foods does have 500mg in both a capsule and tablet, but their website just says Niacin (Vitamin B-3). It doesn't say nicotinic acid anywhere. Is this the right one? I am sensitive like you, so 500mg would have to be divided into additional capsules or a tablet would have to be...
  28. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@stridor Sorry just realized you already told me your overmethylating symptoms. It is overmethylating you were dealing with in this situation right? Sorry my brain is still a bit fuzzy today. Still wouldn't mind if you could clarify by answering my questions in the above post. I still do get...
  29. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@stridor Thanks for sharing more of your story, and for your interest in my eye story. I have more questions on your recent post, but still recovering from new refrigerator delivery yesterday. The more you tell me, the more pieces of the puzzle come together, therefore more questions! Not sure...
  30. surfbaby

AdB12 weird response?

@stridor Me again. I didn't tag you on my previous long post above, and since you don't come to this site anymore, I was concerned you might not see it, and I had several important questions (and it took me forever to write it!) I didn't mean to get carried away with the eye story. I bet...