• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Stroke to the Pons area; psoriasis.

Thanks so much, minkeygirl. I just read that thread. I do have DMSO now and have tried it once, but the various things I read about it at Amazon made me want to start out slowly, just in case, so I watered it down by maybe 50% - though I did apply it twice to both my hands and wrists. I felt no...
  2. G

Unexplainable chest rash which appears frequently. Pics included.

>is there anything (lotions, herbs) to restore or improve the skin barrier? IF - big if - your rash is due to psoriasis, then the big worry is for when it might get bad enough to get the big bubbles and burst and really leave you open for infection. Your rash doesn't at this point look like...
  3. G

Hello again Wayne, I'm learning a lot from you. I knew to eat fermented foods, but otherwise didn't know about your other ideas. I did a search on malic acid and got an eyeful. I've ordered some now, also some in combination with magnesium. I've taken magnesium but this might be a good...
  4. G

Hi Folks, The name of the two supplements to take with vitamin C are L-lysine and L-proline (for avoiding heart problems). They were Linus Pauling's idea. Best wishes, Mary
  5. G

Unexplainable chest rash which appears frequently. Pics included.

Hi Avenger, Your rash could be related to psoriasis. I know it doesn't look like any classic pictures of psoriasis, but it could be psoriasis in the making. The itching drives you crazy. I've had it many, many times worse, to the point of large bursting bubbles of fluid, bubbles an inch and a...
  6. G

Worsening of symptoms in lying position

Hello Ekaterina, I sleep sitting upright in a chair. It's not really comfortable, but more so than lying down flat, which makes me feel like I can't breathe. You can get used to it. I have multiple reasons (maybe having nothing to do with CFS/ME) and each person is individualistic in how they...
  7. G

Geographic tongue

Hello Oakley, Psoriasis causes geographic tongue. It doesn't often affect the mucous membranes but it can and it does. I had that problem a long, long time ago - the first of many different kinds of episodes of psoriasis problems I've had. If I had geographic tongue today, I'd try first...
  8. G

Hi Wayne, I really appreciate your post and took action based upon it. I'd seen mention of DMSO previously but never got around to investigating it. This room I'm sitting in contains a veritable cornucopia of supplements. I'm not certain that any supplements have made huge differences except...
  9. G

Blood Sugar Control/Fat v Carbs

Hello Pam, I'm not any kind of expert, but know something about diabetes. Maybe you weren't diagnosed - most people probably aren't - but I do think you are a diabetic and believe you ought to be taking frequent blood sugar readings. You might find it better to adjust to taking some insulin...
  10. G

Hello roller, I'm no expert on stroke (!) but this doesn't sound like a stroke to me. I have no idea what was going on when that happened to you. I have never had any problem in walking once I decided I was awake enough and ready to go. Doubtless there have been plenty of times I've been slow...
  11. G

Hello Folks, It's been some while since I last posted, but I didn't forget you. == I've looked through a few of your posts and do want to add a few bits relative to multiple posts and psoriasis. Geographic tongue is an uncommon type of psoriasis, as psoriasis does not usually affect the...
  12. G

It might be worth your time to read deeply into psoriasis

Oh, dear. I'll start in on educating myself today. THANK YOU! Best wishes, Mary
  13. G

I also spent some time today looking, and this link is probably the best one. Thanks! I'd add that I don't think this is the whole story in answering your question - and an extension of your question to the whole problem of predicting all the drugs you might want to try to avoid if you know you...
  14. G

lansberge wrote >My husband got psoriasis after he was put on a betablocker. I wish everyone had this information.... Theory: That your husband might have already had psoriasis, but not progressed far enough previously to have clearly visible signs showing up - that the drug just speeded up...
  15. G

Hello Folks, I read many, many posts in your excellent forum about a year ago, and am just now returning to make a post. A year ago I recognized many things I had in common with many of you, but figured I'd wait to post anything until I might have something constructive to add. Just in case...