• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

Sports Medicines/Weightlifing Supplements 'Success'

Having been a Personal Fitness Trainer before I became to ill to take care of myself I understand why someone would try this type of "treatment". But what it sounds like to me is that rest is important and becoming active leads to post exertional malaise. Sounds vaguely familiar...
  2. E

Medical Marijuana for Pain and Sleep and the PEM (!) in CFS

I had a nice reply typed up and lost it. *sigh* There are so many different strains its hard say "X" strain is good for "Y" condition. If you have a Cannabis friendly doctor, maybe he could impart some information to us on that. Over all one of my favorite strains is Strawberry Cough, but I...
  3. E

Now that you mention it, it does seem to help with Orthostatic Intolerance. I never even realized that until you asked about it but I'm not as aware of my OI after useing it, and I've never lost my vision when standing up on it. But I do loose my vision when going from sitting to standing on...
  4. E

My findings on the use of Cannabis. I've been reading these forums for years and have never made an account, but this thread has inspired me to share my insight. I have been testing the use of Cannabis for a couple years now and I have learned a lot about it. I'll give a little background...