• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Can't sleep at all

The meds I tried back then and how much they helped me (German names since I only know these): Promethazin (terrible side effects after only a few nights, dropped it) Melperon (helped me somewhat) Vivinox (OTC) (Helped just a bit, vivid dreams) Zoplicone (considered strong, hardly helped me...
  2. M

Possible Remission. What now?

Hi. I'm here for the first time in many many years, because I have heard that the novel Coronavirus is causing Cfs in some people. So I remembered about this shady episode of my life. Just wanted to say that I'm fine and never fell back. Quite sad to see that there isn't much progress in terms...
  3. M

Update: months later im still feeling well. And I am so happy about it! :)
  4. M

@caledonia: I live in Germany. @Mij: No, I have not been tested for EBV. Wanted to, but the doctor said there is no reason to test it...
  5. M

Hello there. My CFS started recently on exactly 29th of October. After a sudden vertigo attack it all began. In the beginning it was very though: severe insomnia, POTS, huge brainfog, bouts of fatigue (mostly late morning-afternoon hours) and problems to walk more than ~1km per day. Now, some...
  6. M

My Rituximab experience for ME

If Ocrelizumab is working like Rituximab, just potentially better, then why don't the pharma companies test it in ME? There are millions of potential patients around the world, which means billions of $$$.
  7. M

Is there any way I can be treated with rituximab privately?

deleder, do you know, if Rituximab improved/cured sleep problems?
  8. M

Can't sleep at all

I know, I know, I'm on it. Problem is in Germany there seems to be no chance to get cfs diagnosis if it did not start with an infection. For me it started after having a lot of stress. The insomnia is still the most frightening symptom. I am fully dependent on sleep meds but they stop working...
  9. M

Vegetative Nervous System

Thank you for your answers. I found a sleep med which helps, Melperon. Also my problems with sleeping might have to do with Histamine as I found out. High histamine doesnt let you fall asleep.
  10. M

Vegetative Nervous System

I think, if you are always sleepy or if you are always wide awake and have insomnia depends of the state of your nervous system at the moment CFS manfestated. You always stay that way. What do you think? I have unfortunately an extremely strong sympathicus dominance so I can't sleep at all and...
  11. M

Can't sleep at all

Did anyone make the experience that he had insomnia in the beginning but it got better over time? I can't imagine a life with hardly any sleep.
  12. M

Can't sleep at all

It was induced by emotional stress I fear... I knew about this illness before, because a relative has it, so I understand what this is when my blood flow is completely shut down suddenly. But I didn't know about this no-sleep-thing, I thought you would always sleep very long instead of nothing...
  13. M

Can't sleep at all

I just had cfs sudden onset on thursday and since then I could not sleep at all! I'm just not feeling tired, but my head does not allow me to get only a little bit of sleep. It's that every time I fall asleep I get some kind of shock in this moment and am wide awake again. Do you know what I...