• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Farley

My recovery from Chronic Fatigue and Autonomic Disregulation

I wasn't slagging the site off at all, just that I thought it negative to dismiss storys of people getting well on the basics that one believes its not possible. @ukxmrv , sorry if it came across like that, its not the only place I have heard this opinion and sure it won't be the last.
  2. Farley

In my opinion, and that is all it is, the repeated statement's about there is no 'cure' and that this or that 'can not be cured' is soul destroying to me, and downgrades the struggle of many a person that still has hope. If evey new avenue of treatment and research was greeted with such...
  3. Farley

I am new to this site, but have also posted for some time on another much smaller site. They have a strick policy prohibiting such politics regarding the judging of other posters diagnoses, as in whether somone really has CFS or ME and if their diagnoses was carried out by a reputable source or...
  4. Farley

A new do-it-yourself, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, MITOQ trial

I had a hard time registering from my tablet, had to use a PC as I couldn't click confirm link in the email. looks like it was a waste of time anyway, I would chase it up some more if I had the brain power. Well nothing ventured nothing gained. Still want to try it if I can find it at a good price.
  5. Farley

I get what you mean about people blagging free stuff, but I was just generalising about the fact that I would take something in an unlabelled bottle, whereas before I was ill I wouldn't take a vitamin C tablet brought over the internet in the fear that it had come from an unreliable source. Now...
  6. Farley

It just goes to show how desperate this illness can make someone. The very fact that I would take a bottle of pill's sent over the internet from god knows were, labbled just A or B. It would sound crazy to any well person, but the fact that I would take that risk 'speaks volumes'
  7. Farley

@Mary , I'm also still waiting for the 50% discount code, even though I emailed them three times now. They were quick to respond telling me that all the free places were taken up, guess they are not so interested in others taking part off their own backs. Maybe that the info they gain through...
  8. Farley

IBS preceding ME

I and real bad problems with my gut and bowel when I first become ill. I remember having an Endoscopy, Sidmoidoscopy, and a Colonoscopy. Of course they found nothing. I found diet,probotics, perbiotics and stress management all helped, something I read once about the gut being a window to your...
  9. Farley

National Welsh newspaper prints my Lyme story

I can confirm the UK weather report from the Southeast, We haven't had snow worth mentioning for some years now. I have been to Snowdonia in north Wales, beautiful but hilly 'just thinking about it now makes my legs hurt'. 'I wish you luck with your fundraising and hope it leads you to a...
  10. Farley

Thank you @justpat for the link, I have asked to take part but all the free place's have been filled. Like you say though I could still take part at a discounted price, I am waiting for some sort of discount code through an email (not arrived yet). Will post any extra info forwarded to me in...
  11. Farley

Hi justpat, How would I go about putting myself forward for the trial as I was looking at starting MitoQ, but I just couldn't afford to so this may be my only chance. I'm in the UK, would that make a different. Many thanks.