• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

23andMe results - brain fog

@skiesareclearing I agree it is definitely so tricky. I can never tell if what I'm taking is doing me any good and often times I add a supplement and it just exacerbates my symptoms. That's why I seem to always fall back on just taking this one probiotic. You mentioned testing for GABA first...
  2. S

@skiesareclearing thanks for your response. The 23andme results are definitely jibberish unless you process them with places like Genetic Genie, although I'm sure there are other places as well. I definitely want to look into my thyroid more as I think that could be an issue. I will have to...
  3. S

Thank you, Sherpa. I have tried various B vitamins before I had this test, and in fact my naturopath put me on a multi-V with a focus on B vitamins in the forms I am supposed to be able to handle but it ended up making me really fogged after a day or 2. I decided to drop them after only going on...
  4. S

I recently got my 23andMe test results back and I was wondering if anyone might have any insights about them. I've been experiencing heavy brain fog for a few years now. It has its ups and downs but can get quite bad sometimes. Here are the results along with several other recent tests I've had...
  5. S

23andme and other test results - brain fog and OCD thoughts

Thanks for the response, drob. That's an interesting idea, not sure what that would mean as far as supplementation goes though...
  6. S

23andme and other test results - brain fog and OCD thoughts

Hey all, This is my first post on this forum but I've been reading for a little while and it seems like a good place to post this kind of thing. I've been dealing with brain fog for the past 3.5 years to varying degrees of intensity. Before that I had quite a lot of anxiety and obsessive...