• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. pomegranate

Significant Improvement Story -- Focus on Thiamine Deficiency

Well I don't know... I've been reading some more of the thread, working backwards, and I noticed where it was mentioned people doing OK then crashing, and also about thiamine being a sulfur vitamin. I definitely have a sulfur defect and it is active or whatever. So I may crash after a while...
  2. pomegranate

I know this thread was happening a long time ago, but wanted to say my brain fog lifted when I started supplementing my stomach acid with betaine HCl w pepsin for my digestion. I think it's more than just digestive, though. I suspect the acid just being there does something. Anyway I can read...
  3. pomegranate

Hi --kinda new here but I've been reading a lot. I saw Cort Johnson's article on B1 and so I have started it. I was already taking 1 or 200mgs a day, so I went on up to 400 then after I saw no nausea or anything but a very slight frontal headache, I went up to 800. The frontal headache got...
  4. pomegranate

high glutamate

It's interesting, I wish I could understand more of it, but right now I'm experiencing one of my headaches. But it mentions several things that worked together to help me figure out one piece of my puzzle, and give me so much more of my freedom and life back. The amygdala, PTSD and chemical...
  5. pomegranate

high glutamate

When I crave bananas, I take it as a sign I need potassium, and when I take some potassium the banana cravings go away. I wouldn't mind, but they are so sweet.
  6. pomegranate

Lithium orotate, methylation and thyroid

Have you considered pyroluria? I had rage and was a real edgy type. I had mild pyroluria. Just my opinion, not worth the proverbial 2 cents, but the gabapentin can set you up for trouble, as it discourages your own GABA production and over time can stop helping, then I hear it's hard to come...
  7. pomegranate

Lithium orotate, methylation and thyroid

Hi, new here, but thought I could contribute my experiences with lithium. It will constipate you, and I mean right now, but eating a raw carrot daily will fix that. I take the LOW-DOSE litthium orotate, NOT the high dose lithium carbonate or whatever it's called, the one for psychiatric...
  8. pomegranate

Alternative Ways of Administering High Dose Vitamin B12

I am new. I've been doing a lot of reading, and wanted to say... You guys are a lot of help and very brave and knowledgeable. Thank you. Bio-Alternatives sells methyl B12 in water. It's not too expensive. Good quality I think. DMSO is a sulfur. If you have the genetic sulfur enzyme thingy, and...