• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Unexplainable chest rash which appears frequently. Pics included.

@Avengers26 jut wondering how you are doing with that chest rash? Do you still have it? I had the exact same thing for a long time and couldn't figure it out. It was also accompanied by a pins and needles type prickly, crawling, itchy skin at random places all around my body with no rashes in...
  2. P

Quicksilver scientific Intestinal metal detox (IMD)

@Rlman thanks for pointing that out. I knew there were cutler groups on yahoo alright (which sound like a cult IMO) but didn't know there was a quicksilver group. I just found it. Thanks a million
  3. P

Anyone else any quicksilver/shade experiences to share here ? I can now directly correlate the beginning of my poor sleep to the time I started IMD. Perhaps it mops up too many healthful minerals, I am going to really have to watch that. On the plus side it has helped my gut a lot. I'm still...
  4. P

@PointsNorth I was taking some supplemental d3 but have developed reservations about it depleting vitamin A too much. I am going to try cod liver oil from now on and grabbing 30 minutes of sun wherever I can...although I live in a country with notoriously bad weather so we'll see how that goes !!
  5. P

signs of a low copper deficiency?

@rippe Thanks for sharing this video. Really informative
  6. P

Bumping this again as never got to the bottom of it. Thanks
  7. P

Nystatin timing - before or after food?

Thanks @Mel9 im trying that for a few days to see how I go
  8. P

Nystatin timing - before or after food?

I've been taking nystatin for about 2 weeks now, originally 500000 units 3 times per day. A few days after starting I started to feel very stressed out and wired and my sleep went to sh1t. Not making the die off connection due to the volume of supplements I'm on i increased the dose and bang I...
  9. P

Role of calcium d glucarate in sulfur and/or ammonia metabolism

Thanks @alicec yes one of the reasons I bought CDG originally was an off the charts high beta glucuronidase reading on my CDSA. I note though from Genova's literature that beta glucuronidase plays an important role in carbohydrate digestion so I was reluctant to take it a few times per day given...
  10. P

Role of calcium d glucarate in sulfur and/or ammonia metabolism

Hi all Can anyone please explain the role of calcium d glucarate in metabolism of sulfur and/or ammonia? I have searched the net high and low. Dr Ben Lynch makes passing reference to CDG being a useful nutrient in metabolism of sulfur but makes no reference as to how. Also less qualified...
  11. P

High ammonia - with gut dysbiosis

Have you looked into your intolerance of the antibiotics being caused by aldehydes released from dying candida or other gut microbes? I get huge relief from taking NAD+ or niacin, plus molybdenum. Taking these nutrients help metabolise the aldehydes and may enable you to continue with your abx...
  12. P

Itching driving me crazy!

I found out that b6 was making my itching worse probably by speeding up the CBS enzyme and creating sulfites. Less b6 = less itching More molybdenum (sulfite oxidase cofactor) = less itching Less dietary sulfur = less itching
  13. P

Kirkman biofilm defense

Taking one per day first thing in the morning myself followed by quicksilver IMD for Mercury mop up. Just wondered if it was safe to up the dose from the manufacturers recommended 1 cap a day
  14. P

Kirkman biofilm defense

Hi Has anyone tried biofilm defense at any higher a dose than the 1 capsule per day recommended by the manufacturer? What has been your experience? Good or bad. Thanks!
  15. P

Molybdenum deficiency

@ahmo your zinc sounds high too at 200mg. I've been taking 50mg per day for 8 months for pyroluria and I have white fingernail spots now I never had before but I'm also chelation get which could be binding futher zinc. Hard to get a handle on intracellukar mineral levels without spending an arm...
  16. P

Molybdenum deficiency

H hi @ahmo did you ever run into problems taking molybdenum at this level (4 mg per day)? I am taking a similar amount the past month for sulfite issues and don't want to over do it. Thanks
  17. P

@Jamo77 what about adaptogenic herbs for your adrenals minus the folinic etc? Things like ashwaganda? I am not keen on the cutler protocol at all especially for someone with adrenal issues. I fear you might crash and really hope you don't. Doubtless a lot of people's health have improved after...
  18. P

@Jamo77 sounds like we are dealing with very similar issues. Sinus inflammation and histamine issues are 2 of my most prominent symptoms. I was dealing with terrible anxiety and blood sugar issues until I started to support my adrenals. On days my energy is low I take adrenal cortex extract...
  19. P

@Jamo77 have you looked into cytokine support for brain fog? There is a product called cytoquel by researched nutritionals. There is one ingredient (NAC) which could make it a bad choice for Mercury toxic people (single thiol - I felt OK on one capsule but crashed on the recommended 3) but...
  20. P

Hi Not sure how familiar people are with QuickSilver's products but I started taking IMD a couple of weeks ago. I am not doing their full protocol which includes taking 50mg+ of liposomal r lipoic acid per day as I want to remove as much Mercury from my gut as possible before beginning to...
  21. P

Help Please! Crazy Histamine Intolerance Since Starting Methylation Protocol

@crzyakta hi. What I do know is that b6 speeds up CBS and that the end product of the flow of homocysteine through CBS is either glutathione or sulfate. It seems that excessive b6 supplementation can create excess sulfites in some people if they are deficient in b1 or molybdenum which are the 2...
  22. P

Copper - Your Hair Mineral Test

Or sulfate via the trans sulfuration pathway. Maybe if we have enough glutathione then sulfites are created in the absence of b1/molybdenum and that's what causes the skin discomfort??
  23. P

@dannybex thanks for your reply. Interesting what you say about b1. B1 is a co factor for SUOX (breaks down sulfites) along with molybdenum. I wonder if ensuring adequate b1 and molybdenum would better enable us to tolerate b6? Theory goes that taking b6 will ultimately either make glutathione
  24. P

Hi. I know this is an old post now but I have the EXACT same problem with b6 and because I have been avoiding it I am beginning to worry about deficiency as I have been supplementing other b's. Did you ever get to the bottom of this? My bloods show high copper but not sure if it's...
  25. P

Hi. This is interesting. When I take b6 I get prickly itchy skin and a rash. My Blood test showed high copper but I'm confused about the bio unavailable angle. I wonder if I took some cooper how I might react. I have been taking 50mg a day of zinc for 6 months
  26. P

Brilliant that you're feeling so much better by the way !!
  27. P

I hear you on multiple fronts! I'm also focussing mostly on detox, supporting my adrenals with adaptogenic herbs, herbal anti microbials and I'm tinkering around the edges of mercury detox also. You could take folate and b12 all day long but if the foundations aren't solid you'll only make...
  28. P

For what it's worth when I stopped taking b6 or p5p for a few days my itching lessened greatly. Then when I added it in again it came back. Sounds counter intuitive seeing as though b6 is a DAO co factor so my current theory (yet unproven) is that my taking b6 opens a CBS floodgate and creates...
  29. P

Questions on Quiksilver IMD Powder

@pemone *thats* where you're going to get movement out from behind the blood brain barrier
  30. P

Questions on Quiksilver IMD Powder

@pemone they don't actually claim that IMD removes Mercury from the brain, only the GI tract. Theory goes that as more is pulled from the GI tract more will migrate to there to be cleared. If you look at the wider quicksilver protocol it incorporated the R form ALA in a liposomal vitamin c combo...