• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Help!! Climbing Snowdon in 2 weeks and need some advice! :-)

Hi svetoslav80, I was diagnosed with post-viral CFS in 2009 following having swine flu which didn't seem to get better even after several weeks. I was very ill for about a year and have been lucky enough to have only had one really bad relapse when I was working too many hours in 2012. I...
  2. A

Thank you all for your replies so far. I really didn't expect such an overwhelming response and I am very grateful for all your words of caution. I have been lucky so far in that I am able to live a reasonably normal life, but the more I read, the more I am realising that I may be putting that...
  3. A

Thank you Valentijn - I really do understand how hard it is going to be, especially after how I feel from this weekend, just walking up about 200 metres! I am going to think very hard about it before I do go through with it. I would love the challenge but I fear you are right and I will be in...
  4. A

Hi there everyone, this is my first post on this forum. :-) I have (rather insanely!) agreed to accompany my best friend up Mount Snowdon in Wales in just 2 weeks' time and I am nothing short of petrified. I have mild CFS and it only really flares up when I over-exert myself. I have been...