• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Beagle

Science Media Centre with Holgate/Crawley/McCrone - more anti-patient prejudice? (FITNET)

Has anyone put together a page with all the sources and discussions in-place? Something to point reporters to, or use as a template letter/email?
  2. Beagle

Bill Walsh Finally Explains Over-Methylation In A Way I Can Understand

Thanks for the update picante, I really appreciate it. I've nothing to suggest but hope your state improves soon. @Gondwanaland's comments about hypoglycemia make sense, even if elsewhere on these forums I've not seen them mentioned (only how good the supp's you have been taking are). The human...
  3. Beagle

Bill Walsh Finally Explains Over-Methylation In A Way I Can Understand

Please keep us updated, and if there's a positive effect, would you mind updating us over the long-term? It's useful to know how it's going over weeks and months, to see when the effect changes.This forum is better than most for follow-up, which I'm very grateful for. Freddd, do you have these...
  4. Beagle

Started taking B6 and feeling funny. Help Please. :(

Very happy to help out; I'm a software engineer by trade and have been thinking of ways to collate the huge amount of useful information (including contradictions) and present it in a more organised and easily digestible format than various forum posts and web pages. It'd be really interesting...
  5. Beagle

The myths of overmethylation

Great post Kimsie! Your references and diagrams would be great to see, and I'm looking forward to your other threads.
  6. Beagle

Zinc + B6 (and few others), was it overmethylation?

Wow! @picante, would you mind sharing your document? I've started compiling information like this and it'd be great to have a leg-up and save my brain :)
  7. Beagle

Liquid Carnitine - is it fumarate?

I've been reading people's reports on this forum of trying L-Carnitine Fumarate and would like to get some to try. I've seen the liquid form mentioned a few times and Freddd uses it to titrate up when people are particularly sensitive. I prefer taking liquids, but all I've looked at (e.g...
  8. Beagle

BBC article on the chronic form of Lyme disease

It's a good summing up of "we don't know what the real problem is", but not entirely bias-free over whether a chronic Lyme condition exists. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34579423
  9. Beagle

Latest model on what CFS is, and implication for treatment

Are there any layman's guides to designing better experiments? I enjoy experimenting on myself but I'm aware how worthless the results of trying something are, due to the placebo effect mostly, and because my knowledge of biochemistry is lacking (mostly gleaned from this forum, synthesising...
  10. Beagle

AOR's new NO Supplement

@ahmo Thanks for the info on what's in it - olive leaf extract seems pretty powerful. For you, what changes happened when you started to take it? What do you experience if you stop taking it for a couple of days/weeks?
  11. Beagle

Recent 'AF' observations

Yes they do. Though I can't agree with all their site, whenever people tell me I have adrenal fatigue (and here's how to treat it) I like to point them at the Science Based Medicine article: https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/fatigued-by-a-fake-disease/ Unfortunately I usually get a...
  12. Beagle

AOR's new NO Supplement

@Gestalt that's awesome to hear. Did it continue to work for you? It'd be great to hear your follow-up story. I slump badly every afternoon and looking for ways to stay focused and alert.