• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

A struggle through seemingly conflicting SNP outcomes. Help?

@caledonia Great tips, thank you so much. I have been reading your document and its a great hands-on resource. This is what I have come to so far: - To work with my VDR BSM I will take (or keep taking) extra vitamin D3. - For my SOD2 A16V I will start taking some mineral supplements (including...
  2. T

@Critterina I understand that more information would help with creating a more effective plan. I figured that if there were SNP's that are homzygous and match with symptoms I experience then its worth a shot to try to better it. Thank you for the tip on vitamine D3, I actually already started...
  3. T

Genotypes (SNPs) to help determine Vitamin E supplementation - Relation to Inflammatory Cytokines

Hi all, Thank you for the feedback. It seems so hard to translate methylation and detox results in to actionable diet changes. The goal is to positively impact our lives by doing these tests, but that is proving quite hard for me. I opened a dedicated topic for my question btw :) "A struggle...
  4. T

Hi all, These last few months I have been researching my 23andme output fairly obessively, however it seems the deeper I dig the more conflicting the outcomes become. This is probably a combination of my lack of in-depth knowledge in this field and poor analysis resources I have been using. But...
  5. T

Genotypes (SNPs) to help determine Vitamin E supplementation - Relation to Inflammatory Cytokines

Hi all, I'm a bit confused.... So I am RS1695 AA and always tired, this was actually the reason to start genetic testing for me. Should I avoid vitamine E? That seems counter-intuitive because it is in some of the most healthy foods. What other dietary or supplement changes would the experts...
  6. T

Rs6323 - MAO-A - What this gene does if its bust

Thank you for the tip. Is just started last week at about 7000% RDI of vitamine B2. How long was until you noticed any effects? Has anyone else recognized themselves in my previous description? And have you undertaken other succesful dietary changes to influence this (tired, slight depressive...
  7. T

Rs6323 - MAO-A - What this gene does if its bust

Hi Bluebell, Interesting to read your comment as I am experiencing exactly the same. I also have MAOA T +/+ and I would consider myself fairly calm and rational. I do however seem to be above average comfortable with stress and can get easily bored. But overall, I simply can't really relate to...