• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Doing cheap version of methylation protocol in UK?

Hi Pam, thanks for the reply. Yes, I use Amazon quite a bit, but it's not very cheap. I'm wondering if there I would love to find a cheap source of high dosage methylfolate (15mg) here in Europe. Some websites I've seen linked here include: http://www.revital.co.uk http://www.mandimart.co.uk...
  2. C

1) if you go to iherb.com from within the EU, the URL is http://eu.iherb.com/ They even guess which country you are in, and ask you to confirm, much in the same way as Amazon does. To the causal first time visitor, as I was, there is no obvious indicator that your shipment will be from outside...
  3. C

I live in Europe, and made the mistake of ordering from iHerb. First of all, it's not immediately obvious that they ship from the US - their site presents itself as an EU site. Secondy, they force you to make separate orders once you spend over a certain amount ($50 I think), which is annoying...
  4. C

What are the symptoms of ACAT issues?

@Kathevans yes, my trapezium pain cleared up as soon as I came off the methylfolate, and started on Ornithine+Arginine plus charcoal at bedtime. Once I followed Ben Lynch's CBS and ACAT protocols for a few weeks, I went back to the methylfolate without any problems, so that definitely helped...
  5. C

Hi all I'm back again looking for some advice. I got a bunch of test results back, and some of them surprised me. Before I continue I should add that I had been taking B12 and methylfolate plus a bunch of other recommended supplements, but stopped everything about 12 days before the blood...
  6. C

What should I ask my doctor?

Thanks Valentijn. So, no suggestions for what I should ask the hematologist?
  7. C

What should I ask my doctor?

So, after discovering that I'm homozygous MTHFR (C677T), and with a family history of heart disease, I approached my local doctor. Surprisingly she was aware of MTHFR and actually took me seriously, although she admitted she didn't know much about it. She is sending me to hematologist, and also...
  8. C

Wow, that's great to hear. Thanks @Valentijn !
  9. C

Thank you @Kathevans for a very thoughtful and considerate reply. Regarding B12, I have actually been on methyl-cobalamin for about a month, and find no problems tolerating it. The issue for me began when I started taking methylfolate. I started with 400mcg Methylfolate and the problems...
  10. C

Thank you @caledonia
  11. C

I appreciate your honesty. Great recommendation for the homocysteine test - I'll get straight on to that.
  12. C

Hi @Valentijn @ppodhajski and @caledonia I appreciate each of you taking the time to respond. I see every one has very different approaches! Yasko seems less popular than I expected here. :) Ok, the reason I wrote that was after having read @caledonia's SNP Interpretation Guide, where the...
  13. C

Hi everyone Short version: what symptoms should one expect with an ACAT1-02 mutation (heterozygous or homozygous)? Long version: I'm new here and have been reading and learning with great enthusiam, having recent gotten my 23andme results. I immediately started down the MTHFR treatment road...