• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Sudden low grade fevers?

for me its a response ti chronic inflammation, not sure that helps
  2. N

Muscle pains?

I can usually ease some of the muscle pain with heat (epsom salt baths), hot showers, oversized heating pads and trigger point injections. But some times not much helps. I can also say when I tried weaning off of prozac-my muscle pain became intolerable. I have to change positions frequently and...
  3. N

Antidepressant withdrawal...

Hi Emma. I have been trying (and failing) at several attempts to wean off prozac. I began taking it in 2003. I wanted to stop taking it in 2008. Each time, I become deathly ill with terrible withdrawls. SEVER sweats, chills, NAUSEA, vomiting, diarhea, dizzy, pain, SHAKY, JUST SO SICK that I go...
  4. N

Visitors - Exhausting Aren't They?

I can definately relate!
  5. N

Can you trace your illness back to about 1980?

I had a severe case of mono 1984- missed an antire year of high school, followed by CFIDS diagnosis. NEVER BEEN THE SAME SINCE!
  6. N

Significance of MTHFR Dysfunction

New here. I had the MTHFR test this year and am positive for the genetic defect. It's my understanding is that the body can't metabolize folic acid -I was prescribed Deplin-but my insurance wouldn't cover it so then I was RX'd a high doses of folic acid and had a severe allergic reaction...