• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Does Rituximab treatment "cure" low ESR

So your thinking is that ~20% of a population could have one of those conditions? Seems highly unlikely. Has anyone had an ESR measure before coming down with CFS that was "normal" then was lowered after coming down with symptoms? If not, it's highly possible that people could have already had...
  2. B

Does Rituximab treatment "cure" low ESR

I shared this a couple months back, but it's a heart disease study that shows a fair # of study participants had an ESR of <5 when tested. While it doesn't say if they are healthy or not, I imagine since it's a population study that the greater majority do not have CFS or other diseases that...
  3. B

ESR Before and After ME/CFS diagnosis

I'm interested to know if anyone had their ESR measured at any point before showing ME/CFS-like symptoms and how did it compare to a measurement after the fact? This study indicates (to my very untrained eye) that a fair proportion of the measured male population measured at low (<5mm/hr) ESR...