• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

Community Symposium on molecular basis of MECFS! DISCUSSION THREAD!

Hi Ben, I'm registered and praying I can make it .:nervous: Is that the room for Sat. ? Any air in there ? :eek: Still need to find a ride back to Santa Cruz after reception .... anyone going to SC ? Not used to UBER, still Checking here .:) From the old days - Katrina 1985 ( Kathy )
  2. K

Justina - Anonymous Allegedly Targets Boston Children's Hospital

Does the ME/CFS Community know about this ? {Video } http://hackread.com/anonymous-targets-boston-childrens-hospital/
  3. K

ME/CFS at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.

Years ago , when the CDC was about to go before Congressional Committee re: our CFS diverted funds ---- I found a place on C-SPAN website to request that something be covered there. I wrote to them and we asked others to do it . We organized this in a few short days and they did it !! We were...
  4. K

Myra McClure States She's Withdrawn From NIH SEP Panel !

Aww, Leaves, that the nicest messenger greeting I've received in ages :))) Thank you! And thanks to everyone who (may have) contributed to this lovely event lol Katrina
  5. K

Myra McClure States She's Withdrawn From NIH SEP Panel !

Here's the email exchange from Marty today...Bon appetit' ! I sent the following email to Myra McClure today: "Please withdraw from the U.S. Government's SEP (Special Emphasis Panel) for ME/CFS. I have lost 35 years of my adult life to this disease. We have to demand researchers...
  6. K

Article: NIH have gotten Myra McClure, Dentists and Psychs to go to Work on You!

which section is best for reposting re Myra?
  7. K

Article: NIH have gotten Myra McClure, Dentists and Psychs to go to Work on You!

Myra Responds to Marty---You're Gonna Like This! Marty hasn't come to tell you yet...here is the rest of the exchange: I sent the following email to Myra McClure today: "Please withdraw from the U.S. Government's SEP (Special Emphasis Panel) for ME/CFS. I have lost 35 years of my...
  8. K

Article: Dr. Mikovits Talks! The XMRV Santa Rosa Lecture: Part II by Lannie

Cort, This is a very confusing statement, which seems meant to imply serious, biased flaws to the WPI's work. Their work, a joint effort with the National Cancer Institute, and the Cleveland clinic, for this study, was Peer Reviewed for over 6 months,and then published by the one of the...
  9. K

INVEST IN ME STATEMENT: OPENING OF THE WPI INSTITUTE for NEURO-IMMUNE DISEASES

:Retro smile::Retro smile: The OPENING of the WHITTEMORE-PETERSON INSTITUTE for NEURO-IMMUNE DISEASES "Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world." Since Annette...
  10. K

David Bell Lyndonville News: XMRV Research Update

Click Link for Illustrations and further info www.DavidSBell.com return to Newsletters page XMRV Update There is so much to update, while at the same time almost nothing is happening on the outside. Except of course the CDC can't find XMRV in CFS, and it is directing the NIH...
  11. K

How to Attack a Scientific Theory and Get Away With It (Lots of info)

Immunologist Anthony Fauci states "ACT UP put medical treatment in the hands of the patients. And that is the way it ought to be... There is no question in my mind that Larry helped change medicine in this country. And he helped change it for the better. In American medicine there are two eras...
  12. K

How to Attack a Scientific Theory and Get Away With It (Lots of info)

Click the Link below! This is a great read... How to attack a scientific theory and get away with it (usually): the attempt to destroy an origin-of-AIDS hypothesis Published in Science as Culture, Vol. 19, No. 2, June 2010, pp. 215-239 Brian Martin [ ... ] This framework...