• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

From hypo to hyperthyroid fast

It's high in iodine too I think. I have to avoid iodine in food; if I eat fish I go insane. I'm not exaggerating.
  2. D

Homeopathy

Thank you for thinking of me Hufsamor. What I am reading makes sense. I think I will try homeopathy again at some point but I am too weak at present. I hope that you have better luck.
  3. D

simple position/pose to calm/balance ANS & STIMULATE THYROID???

Thank you mary. I hope you start to feel better soon.
  4. D

simple position/pose to calm/balance ANS & STIMULATE THYROID???

Thanks you for directing me to this Mary. I appreciate it. I don't want to stimulate my thyroid at all; the effects are simply disastrous. I might try the pose though as it would be so gentle I imagine. Mary, may I ask what your thyroid levels were before you started taking medication. Do you...
  5. D

Homeopathy

The reason I ask is because I thought I might try a much diluted amount of the thyroidinium at some point. I have subclinical hypothyroidism (although in the USA it would be classed as hypo) and cannot tolerate the medication. The thyroidinium had pretty much exactly the same affect on my body...
  6. D

Homeopathy

Thank you for the tip Wayne :)
  7. D

Homeopathy

Thank you for your replies. I have tried acupuncture many times but I am so sensitive to the needles (one acupuncturist said she had never seen a person so sensitive in her 60 years working). It never helped me so I am probably going to leave that but thank you for the suggestion. I think I...
  8. D

Homeopathy

I have had to give up on homeopathy. It is, quite simply, too strong for my body/brain. I am so disappointed as I feel that if I cannot tolerate homeopathy then I'm fighting a losing battle. I am now a firm believer that it has the power to heal people, but I am too sensitive for it at...
  9. D

Homeopathy

I need to antidote a remedy and I am going to put some Vicks rub on my chest after writing this. I'm in a real state this morning. I am absolutely convinced that homeopathy is not a placebo and that it is a powerful medicine. The trouble is, I am both excited by this but sick from the...
  10. D

Homeopathy

I am still taking homeoapthy. I have had to stop a number of times as the remedies were too strong. The first remedy I took was dysco (for stomach): this made me sick, weak and emotional but I had more energy after these symptoms. I only took five tablets. The second is chemex which is meant to...
  11. D

Worse or better after menopause?

Thanks so much for the reply WoolPippi. I am hesitant to try the progesterone because I am feeling somewhat better. I have more energy. This is most probably down to two things: either I am in perimenopause and the lower hormones are actually suiting me, or the homeopathy I have been taking for...
  12. D

Homeopathy

Homeopathy is helping me. I feel much better since taking three different remedies over the last three months. I cannot believe the difference. The first two made me so sick with detox like symptoms; I had to stop one as the effect was too much for me to handle. I most certainly DID NOT believe...
  13. D

I've tried everything MeSci. Not for weight loss as that is the LEAST of my worries. When I went carb free, I got very anxious and didn't sleep at all. Couldn't believe it was happening but I treid the diet a few times and very quickly developed insomnia. I have battled insomnia all my life and...
  14. D

WoolPippi, Are you saying that the progesterone made hypothyroidism better? I have hypo and cannot take ANY thyroid meds/supplements. I am 44 and in perimenopause I imagine as missed a couple of periods which have been getting shorter and shorter over the last five years. I do VERY badly with...
  15. D

Has anyone read "The Medical Medium"

I am a spiritualist. This man is a charlatan. He may well offer some good advice in terms of diet and supplements and people may well get better following his protocol BUT his intentions and convictions are shady. He is NOT a spiritualist working for the greater good. He is a money-making...
  16. D

Unrest screening in the UK

Thank you Hell, X
  17. D

Unrest screening in the UK

How do we get to see it if we cant get to a cinema? Is it available online?
  18. D

Some concerns about homeopathy

I have very little faith in homeopathy but I just wanted to ask if those of you on here who feel homeopathy is worthless have actually been to a renowned homeopath and taken the pills. My mother in law throws up constantly on boat journeys when she forgets her homeopathic sea sickness pills but...
  19. D

Flu vaccine and ME/CFS - MEA info leaflet for 2017 - 2018 vaccine

Oh and another thing, I felt dreadful with the flu but all my CFS symptoms got better. My husband got it at the same time and was moaning and crying and I actually felt a sense of relief from all my other symptoms. It was aawful but not THAT awful. It was almost a pleasant change!!!
  20. D

Flu vaccine and ME/CFS - MEA info leaflet for 2017 - 2018 vaccine

I do wonder whether it actually does what it claims to do. I've read that you are just as likely to get the flu whether you've had the vaccine or not. Because the flu is actually quite rare (possibly getting it once every decade) is it really worth the risk? I had the flu and it was bloody...
  21. D

This helps me,,, but why -- [Cold showers/baths]

Cold water therapy is used for depression.
  22. D

Spirulina Nightmare

It's high in iodine. Linked to your thyroid perhaps.
  23. D

What induced your ME?

Antibiotics (for skin) Stomach bugs/food poisoning Prescription drugs Larium (anti malaria drug now removed from market) Flu/fever vaccinations Anaesthetics
  24. D

Low dose Naltrexone

I couldnt even tolerate 0.01! Yes that's not a misprint.
  25. D

As Needed Anti-Anxiety Treatments?

Run (walk, shuffle, crawl) as fast as you can away from drugs. You'll do yourself considerably more harm than good taking them. I sometimes wonder how many people on here have been damaged by prescription medicaitons.
  26. D

I feel like giving up on life

Re you on any prescription drugs? Have you taken a flouroquinilone antibiiotic recently? If you answered yes to either of these it might be time to consider getting off drugs. They do considerable damage.
  27. D

I've given up on all treatment

I turned a corner in my health when I shunned all medicine and supplements and doctors. Gave up searching for a cure and put trust in time alone helaing me. Trouble was I deveolped hypothyroidism! Im now taking homeopathic doses of thyroxine and doing better than ever.
  28. D

Relief from huge crash

What drugs were you given for the migraine and illness? Perhaps you have reacted to some drugs given during the time you were sick (antibiotics, benzos etc)
  29. D

Tetanus shot side effects related to CFS/ME?

Charles, Just a quick question if you dont mind me asking: Would you be happy for your children (I'm not sure if you have any)to be vaccinated? Would there be any vaccinations you would consdier avoiding if you had/have children?