• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Peajay69

Mestinon and Magnesium?

HI - I'm taking it for ME and tested negative in Neurology for MG - I'll edit my post to make it a bit clearer
  2. Peajay69

Mestinon and Magnesium?

I have very severe ME. Does anybody know if it's OK to continue supplementing Magnesium while on Mestinon? I'm currently taking 20mg X 4 a day and getting quite severe muscle twitching. I previously injected Magnesium Sulphate weekly but have recently stopped due to hearing conflicting opinions...
  3. Peajay69

Dehydration

I found out that I have likely been chronically dehydrated - even drinking 2 litres inc electrolytes every day! One day I retained zero fluid. Now drinking 3.5 to 4 litres with about half of that using banana bag sachet, dioralyte, salt/glucose and retaining between 0.5 to 1.2 litres. Given...
  4. Peajay69

Private ME consultants/ researchers?

I'm wondering about consulting an ME doctor privately and wondering if there is a list anywhere with their disciplines? I'm UK-based but would think about travelling abroad. Can you consult any of the doctors involved in research, for example Naviaux, Nancy Klimas etc or are they mainly...
  5. Peajay69

Cannabinoids

Hello, I've been taking 4% cannabiniol in the hope it might help insomnia but it hasn't so far. I'm wondering whether to try something stronger using a vapouriser but no idea where to start and what varieties might be useful. The symptoms I'd like to try it for are: insomnia, anxiety...