• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

Detox Troubles... Worsening Sulfur Intolerance and Chemical Sensitivity

@sillysocks84 sorry i dont know much about chelation and no my issues are (according to my doctor) largely not related to chelation or heavy metal toxicity. in my case it seems that i have an excess of bad microbes in my gut (as well as in many other parts of my body). bad microbes means bad...
  2. K

I mentioned that I'm between doctors but I was able to consult with my old dr and got some answers! Hooray @Rrrr @PointsNorth My dr thinks LDA isn't going to help in my specific case... I wasn't clear exactly why it would be contraindicated? But I trust my doctor so I decided not to try it...
  3. K

Hi Ahmo, thanks for the info!! Still trying to work my way through it. I'm starting to get a bit confused, maybe you can help? Today after eating an onion I hyperventilated. (God knows why I thought eating an onion would be a good idea.) Hyperventilation made me think it must be a metabolic...
  4. K

I'm in kind of a weird spot between doctors as I moved a couple months ago and haven't yet found a good person locally. So I hope maybe someone can help me. About me: chronic lyme, candida, severe chemical sensitivity, allergies to foods, abx, others, oxalate sensitivity, sulfur sensitivity...
  5. K

Genetic genie results??

That's so weird, I guess the images didn't upload properly : ( Here is a text version: Heterozygous mutations: ~CYP1A2 164A>C (AC) ~CYP1B1 R48G (CG) ~CYP2D6 S486T (CG) ~CYP2D6 100C>T (AG) ~NAT2 I114T (CT) ~NAT2 K268R (AG) ~COMT V158M (AG) ~COMT H62H (CT) ~VDR Bsm (CT) ~VDR Taq (AG) ~MTHFR...
  6. K

Genetic genie results??

Hi, I have my genetic genie results but I'm having trouble understanding them. Can anyone help? (Images posted below) Some info about me: My biggest health issues are chronic lyme disease and candida. I also have multiple chemical sensitivity and many allergies. There is a big burden on the...