• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Hyponatremia as a cause? Salt deficiency, dehydration, too much peeing

I really recognise the symptoms of the topic starter. First time I found someone with the same symptoms. My fatigue is lifted inmensly if i supplement huge amounts of salt (3~4 teaspoons if I am low). Constipation, out of breath, bonking slow beating heart, fatige, cramps, extreme urination...
  2. H

Hair Mineral Testing

Yes I know potassium wasn't tested (the hair mineral analysis retest will include that one). But I know that I feel absolutely rubbish if I don't supplement. I was hoping that the low potassium fitted in the all-low pattern. Any ideas on those very low essenential nutrients? edit: taurine is...
  3. H

Hair Mineral Testing

Hi all! I have these mineral results. I supplement a lot of selenium (for years already), magnesium, zinc, boron (5 mg+), lithium (10 mg a day from lithium orotate) and about 10 grams of potassium chloride a day. If I stop supplementing potassium chloride I inmediately crash and recover in a...