• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. seunderwood

What factor in red meat was responsible for my PEM relief?

The amino acid Taurine is in red meat, chicken & liver..... deficiency in dogs causes heart problems, maybe it helps ?
  2. seunderwood

Comment by 'seunderwood' in 'Do You Have Pseudomonas Aeruginosa ?'

@stetson28 The silver I use is - Sovereign Silver - the recommended dosage for adults is 1 teaspoon daily. The Curcumin I use is Jarrow Curcumin 95 - 500mg daily - taken at night, it also helps with sleep. Note: For my dog I used Hepagen-Fc with curcumin made for pets. Good luck to you !!
  3. seunderwood

Hi everyone, just wanted to update the treatment that worked for my dog,Toby, to cure his P. Aeruginosa. I started treating him with a combo for dogs of curcumin, milk thistle, & phosphatidylserine for 30 days (the bile acid test was still not good ), then I added colloidal silver... within 30...
  4. seunderwood

Comment by 'seunderwood' in 'Let's Talk Butyrate, again, Part I'

@ ebethc My daughter (with CFS) just started taking a combo tablet of butyrate -calcium -magnesium, to soon to see how she will react. We were hoping it would help with weight loss . She has been using organic butter from grass-fed cows , you might give it a try . She also takes organic greens ...
  5. seunderwood

Let's Talk Butyrate,again, Part 2

Top 22 Science-Based Health Benefits Of Butyrate And It's Derivatives - Continued 8) Butyrate Is Both a Cure And An Enemy In Case Of Addictions Butyrate containing drugs are a double-edged sword when treating addiction. In alcohol-addicted rats, supplementation of their diet with sodium...
  6. seunderwood

Let's Talk Butyrate, again, Part I

Butyrate is a molecule that is called a short-chain fatty acid, which are building blocks of fats and our cells can not be without them. This particular fatty acid is very small and is usually made by bacteria living in our gut, mostly from fibers derived from grains, beans, onions and bananas...
  7. seunderwood

Bacterial Dysbiosis

Friendly bacteria are critically important for the health of our digestive and immune systems, for their detoxification and hormone-regulating capabilities, and for nutrient formation and absorption. Altered microbial ecology in the gut may produce disease and dysfunction because of the intense...
  8. seunderwood

Comment by 'seunderwood' in 'Vitamin B7 ( Biotin ) - Beyond Hair, Skin, and Nails'

@Mary, we're taking 5000mcg daily, you should probably start out slow, maybe 3 days a week. My daughter is taking a ton of other supplements also., and everyone is different. She did improve with the recent supplements though ..
  9. seunderwood

Weird Stuff - Killing Us Softly

The gut is so complex and regulates so many bodily functions it's often called the body's " second brain". About 80% of the neurotransmitter serotonin is produced in the gastrointestinal tract-not the brain. The bacteria that are in our gut help regulate metabolism, they talk to our genes. When...
  10. seunderwood

Cornell University CFS research Sept 28, 2016

http://www.infowars.com/are-gut-microbes-responsible-for-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/
  11. seunderwood

Comment by 'seunderwood' in 'Vitamin B7 ( Biotin ) - Beyond Hair, Skin, and Nails'

@Mary Yes, my daughter has CFS, she started it a week ago, along with high absorption CoQ10 W/BioPerine, and some POM juice for good measure, she is much improved. Also my husband & I take it , feeling good also.
  12. seunderwood

Cornell University CFS research Sept 29, 2016

http://www.infowars.com/are-gut-microbes-responsible-for-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/
  13. seunderwood

Choline Killers - OTC / Rx

There are many kinds of prescription drugs and over-the-counter (OTC) medications that cause memory loss by blocking the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Long term use is not required. Memory loss may be noticeable in as little as 60 days . Low acetylcholine can lead to a group of symptoms that...
  14. seunderwood

Vitamin B7 ( Biotin ) - Beyond Hair, Skin, and Nails

Vitamin B7, also known as Biotin, happens to be a catalyst for various metabolic reactions in the human body to extract energy. Due to it's water solubility, this vitamin is regularly deminished and therefore needs to be replenished. A deficiency of vitamin B7 manifest in a number of symptoms...
  15. seunderwood

Treatment implications of the Naviaux study (PNAS, August 2016)

Just a thought, Why not improve the butyrate deficiency noted by Dr Lipkin , and let the B vitamins synthesise themselves in the gut ??
  16. seunderwood

Idebenone - like CoQ-10 on steroid's

Idebenone supplements were initially developed for the treatment of Alzheimer's. However, it was a limited success. It may still prove effective at preventing the onset of Alzheimer's even if it cannot reverse the damage once it has been done . It is currently being investigated for treatment of...
  17. seunderwood

Colloidal Silver - Can it make you " Blue" ?

What is Colloidal Silver ? Before the invention of the refrigerator it was common practice to drop a silver coin into the container of milk as a preservative because silver was known to prevent the growth of algae, bacteria and other organisms There are basically three types of products...
  18. seunderwood

@Justy, I found something that might interest you , a possible cure for P. Aeruginosa.... Curcumin !! Read this research http://m.greenmedinfo.com/ article/curcumin -attenvates- virulence-pseudomonas-aeruginosa Started my dog on it 2 days ago, hope it really works !!
  19. seunderwood

Cyclosporine - the Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Cyclosporine is a mycotoxin. Mycotoxins are harmful products produced by fungi. They are chemical in nature and are immune suppressing. Fungi rely on the mycotoxins they produce to kill any bacteria, other fungi, viruses and anything else that might compete with them. They suppress the immune...
  20. seunderwood

Just a thought.... cyclosporine comes from a fungi, it is a mycotoxin. This fungi is found by farmers in cattle feed . But , what if it is also in grains used by people, it would destroy immune systems & could be wide spread ?
  21. seunderwood

@ Justy - Thank you for your response. I have been following your treatments on the forum. I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time. I will pray for you along with Toby. After 30 days of treatment with Zenequin, Toby still has inflammation in his liver. It would take another liver...
  22. seunderwood

Do You Have Pseudomonas Aeruginosa ?

My dog,Toby, does. It's eating away at his liver. It was found when the vet did a biopsy this week. He's being treated with Zenequin & Prednisone. Why does this matter to you??? Because it is " everywhere", and can eat away at humans too !! P. Aeruginosa is found in soil, water, skin flora and...
  23. seunderwood

Comment by 'seunderwood' in 'Know Your Magnesium (are you taking the wrong kind ?)'

You could also Google: Magnesium and Sleep Disturbance. Like this one: http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium/magnesium/and/sleep/disturbance
  24. seunderwood

Comment by 'seunderwood' in 'Know Your Magnesium (are you taking the wrong kind ?)'

Sorry I can't answer your question . Maybe if you post it on the forum page someone there could help you . Mention what type of magnesium you are taking and any other supplements or medications . Good luck to you !
  25. seunderwood

Boost the Energy in your Cells with PQQ

What is PQQ ? Pyrroloquinoline quinone, is a " Cofactor " , which means that it helps enzymes accomplish their jobs . There are a class of these cofactor molecules that transfer electrons, which is important for our mitochondria to produce energy. Your cellular energy comes from mitochondria...
  26. seunderwood

Comment by 'seunderwood' in 'I'm in recovery. Here's how I got there.'

You are indeed a brave person to overcome all of those obstacle's ! I wish you success in your journey to a full recovery !!
  27. seunderwood

Comment by 'seunderwood' in 'AMPK, Glucose uptake - Metformin and insulin'

Back in May 2015 my daughter was diagnosed with CFS. Her doctor only offered anti-depressant' s for "treatment". In an effort to help her, I bought a vitamin book for " idiot's ". We started her on basic vitamins , Vit C , magnesium, calcium, Flaxseed oil , and high doses of B-complex and...
  28. seunderwood

10 Foods you can use to Kill Parasites, Naturally

The very idea of parasites sucking up our blood or eating parts of our bodies is just plain "gross" , but it's much more common than most people think. Parasites can cause numerous health problems and even death. Many parasites live for years in bodies that have weak immune systems, weak...
  29. seunderwood

What has helped more with your sleep?

FWIW , Several members (5) of my family are taking Jarrow Curcumin 95 - C3 Complex with great results for sleep, 500 mg, daily. Fall asleep fast, stay asleep, wake up rested.