• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

As 8th August comes round again, many thanks for Jody for her excellent post on living with severe M.E. 25% M.E. Group focus for Severe M.E. Day 2017 can be found at: http://www.25megroup.org/campaigning_Severe_ME_Day.html A tribute to all those living with Severe M.E. "Your illness does not...
  2. H

August 8th, 2017 - Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe M.E.

25% ME Group now have two items on website to mark this year's Understanding & Remembrance Day, which will be next Tuesday. The theme this year is "Your illness does not define you ...." and we pay tribute to our members - I expect though that every one of us can think of someone to nominate as...
  3. H

Pediatrics: Chronic Fatigue at 16 years >> letters

I have just discovered this too. Concerned. was hoping for an answer to the above question has anyone taken this up with the journal? are the authors of the comments aware that the journal is advising 'no comments published'? I note this is not the same as 'no comments submitted'. Appalling that...
  4. H

(UK) Leeds In-Patient Unit - urgent request for feedback from 25% ME Group

Many thanks to all who have provided feedback
  5. H

Home care is the theme for Severe ME Day on August 8th

Many thanks for all your feedback and sharing Much food for thought Can I just say that, though the situation is dire, doing advocacy work for the 25% ME group is rewarding. (And it's not the case that if you have M.E. you definitely won't get any home care.) It makes me very aware that if...
  6. H

Can I also make a plea for donations to the 25% ME Group. Believe me, we could do with several advocacy workers. The unmet need among people who continue to live and suffer with this illness is vast. Incidentally, I'm with Dan Peterson on the matter of research. Yes, research matters (and...
  7. H

Many thanks to Phoenix Rising for featuring this. And the insightful comments from subscribers. Just wanted to mark Severe M.E. Day with some words of quiet remembrance for those who have lost their lives to this terrible illness. Today would have been Sophia Mirza's 42nd birthday.