• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. SWNative

Measures of outcome for trials and other studies

Great link - thanks! My Neurologist referred me for the Neuropsych Assessment and, to be quite honest, I'm not sure whether I'll be seeing a Neuropsychiatrist or Neuropsychologist (boy were those a handful to type!).
  2. SWNative

Thanks for the response. This is an independent assessment so I'm hoping will be objective...
  3. SWNative

Update for spoonie patients on Long-term Disability Insurance & Social Security Disability (in US)

So wish I'd had this info 18 months ago when CIGNA denied my STD claim and subsequent appeals. I didn't even have the energy to apply for LTD. Am awaiting SSDI appeal filed August 2014. This will help so many people; I still appreciate the info!
  4. SWNative

Have a Neuropsych Assessment scheduled for late this month and have no idea what to expect. MRI shows normal so this is the next step. Hard for me to know whether this is a "fishing expedition" for some type of early-onset dementia as opposed to confirmation of a ME dx (which some...
  5. SWNative

What Are Your Most Amusing (Or Disconcerting) Brain Fog Experiences?

I find my shopping lists to be quite interesting at times. Got to the grocery store recently and saw "power tools" on the list. Excuse me, but that should be "paper towels".