• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Strong anxiety after gentle methylation approach

How many supplements are you taking? From reading your earlier posts, everything seems so complicated and there seems to be a need for continuous adjustments. I also suffer from anxiety/OCD and slightly afraid of going down the rabbit hole. I had strong insomnia after MethylFolate 400 mcg, and...
  2. B

Adrenal Fatigue? I'm confused.

Picamilion is the Gaba that crosses the blood brain barrier. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picamilon Did you feel something the first day you took Pharamagaba because I don't feel anything. Hi is there a way to tell if I have mercury problems by trying some herbs? I have one tooth with...
  3. B

Thanks. I use Tumeric as well as Ginger which helps relax me a bit. I will look into NAG. Any recommendations for phobias and OCD?
  4. B

Thanks. As far as I know PharmaGaba doesn't cross the blood brain. I think the only one that does is Gaba+Niacin compound of which I forget the name. How many do you take ? I have the chewable version and I took at couple but didn't feel anything. I"m trying trytophan right and hopefully see...
  5. B

Everything seems so complicated. There is so much conflicting information. How would I know those neurotransmitter tests resemble the amount in the brain? I heard GABA can't cross the blood brain barrier. How would I supplement Gaba? One last thing. Why are adrenal glandulars stimulating...
  6. B

I was reading here that there are no problems with adrenals but instead a problem with the brain. https://www.jackkruse.com/brain-gut-16-adrenal-fatigue-rx/
  7. B

Thanks.. I've actually had OCD for a very long time and then a stress full period and lose of weight put me into anxious state for a long time. Is Tryptophan okay to try instead of 5http? Would that be a safer alternative?
  8. B

I went to an acupuncturist and she told me I have adrenal fatigue. She made me sit down and stand up and then she told me instead of my blood pressure rising it went down 20 points, which is a sign of adrenal fatigue according to her. I don't really think my adrealans are shot as I have...
  9. B

Pharama -Gaba and high doses of Niacin for Kolonopin Withdrawl?

Thanks.. I have Magnesium. I will use that. I guess I can drink lot of green tea as well.
  10. B

I've been taking about .5 once a night. So I was thinking of reducing it .3 a night and just beat the side effects. I was planning on eating light and continue taking the chinese herbs which are meant for stress and relaxing the body. What exactly is the water titration method?
  11. B

Hi guys. I'm planning on getting off of Kolonopin which I have been taking for two months (.5) at night. I've stopped Methylation for the moment as I've decided to work on my some of my issues first with Chinese herbs. I was reading here that high doses of Niacin and GABA help with withdrawl...
  12. B

B-Complex, which brand? And can you open them up?

Are capsules necessary? I just dump half in my mouth and either let it dissolve in my mouth or just wash it down with water.
  13. B

Thanks for the replies everyone. I see some of your B-complex have a form of folic acid; I assume you guys don't have a problem with it converting into folate.
  14. B

Hi Guys. I have a Douglas laboratories brand B-complex, and it has high amounts of B-6 which I'm afraid might be too strong for me at the moment. I was wondering if I can open up the capsule and take 1/2? Would I be getting exactly half of all the b-vitamins or would I end up getting only...