• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Fixing Leaky Gut (Round 2)

I would if another unappreciated value of our protective intestinal coating is pH buffering. Anyone have an opinion about this?
  2. J

How about the changes in my stool in terms of easier passage and appearance? Yup, I have to make speculations because I am not paying for any lab work until I run out of options. I am sure everyone is well aware that some of these lab tests are very expensive and not covered by insurance...
  3. J

I pay attention to sensations in my body. Perhaps, one of the reasons I can tell what is wrong with my body is because my body was probably in worst condition than your's. Another thing in my journey to better health is that once you reach a certain state of wellness, then it is hard to figure...
  4. J

Okay guys, I just made a great discovery. I have been taking a combination of Bifido, Lacto, Clostridium Butyricum, and a small amount of other probiotics. I noticed when I drank milk or indulged in slightly-refined dairy products, which are basically lactose bases, the population of the...
  5. J

Well, all science starts off as speculation. It is up to the individual to follow through with the speculation and turn it into scientific fact. I have tried a lot of different thing over time. One thing I noticed is that building good health is a sequential process, you have to perform it in...
  6. J

I have one more thought before I go to bed. In the above quote, I mentioned that my gut gets less irritated when I have it coated. I wonder if I get the organic acids such as butyric acid going in my non-coated intestines, could I achieve the same effect as if I had the glutamine-derived...
  7. J

Hi, welcome to my thread. I just feel it. My gut feels warmer. My gut doesn't get irritated from too much bile. My gut doesn't react to high histamine foods.
  8. J

Thanks for the response Sarah. I just wish we had more participation because I feel that we are close to taming this beast.
  9. J

Oral Probiotics to Clear Your Head!

Great thread. The probiotics probably got rid of a low-grade infection or chelated some heavy metals from your brain, which is probably freeing your body from having to deal with that burden.
  10. J

Wow, what interest this thread is showing, :) . Anyone has an opinion or insight into what I posted? I am ready to give another update soon.
  11. J

Fixing Leaky Gut = One Possible ME/CFS Cure

To everyone who particpated in this thread... I have created a new one under the correct sub-forum... Here... http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/fixing-leaky-gut-round-2.42571/
  12. J

Hello friends, It has been a while. If you guys are not familiar with my work, I created this thread... Fixing Leaky Gut = One Possible ME/CFS Cure ( http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/fixing-leaky-gut-one-possible-me-cfs-cure.39712/ ) Sorry that I haven't kept you guys...
  13. J

Hi guys, Its your boy here. I have a few updates in regards to this topic that I am planning to post in a bit. I just wanted to bump this topic first. If anyone have any updates of their own, then please share them.
  14. J

Hello @LivingwithFibro , I think there are some tests that exist. For me, it is more of a feel approach. I determine success by comfort level while resting and bowel transit time. Thank you for stopping by! It feels like I am talking to myself sometimes, :(.
  15. J

Hello guys, Yes, it is me again! Yes, I am a bit of a chatterbox this morning. I just wanted to share this trend that I have noticed whether I took Mucin, GI Soother, or the Glucosamine stack (Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, and Calcium D-Glucarate). I noticed that the Transverse Colon is...
  16. J

If I were to go the Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM route, and discover that the protective barrier is not strong enough, perhaps adding Calcium D-Glucarate to the mix when I feel I have enough HARD protective mucin layer to solidify the layer would work. I still need to do more research on...
  17. J

Hello guys, When I resume this protocol in a few days (maybe tomorrow LOL), I plan to do a few things differently on Step 3. I am going to take Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM, but not Calcium D-Glucarate. I think taking extra Calcium D-Glucarate is one of the reason why the protective barrier...
  18. J

Hello guys, Let me tell you about my latest ordeal over the last few days... Remember I warned you guys about how dangerous this protocol can be? Well, I had too much of the SOFT protective mucin layer stuck behind the HARD protective mucin layer which resulted in my colon being obstructed...
  19. J

Hello guys, I wanted to give you an update. This protocol can be dangerous if you go too fast. The danger comes when you utilize Glucosamine/Chondroitin and Calcium D-Glucarate because it will harden any essential sugar build up that you have on your intestines. You can cause intestinal...
  20. J

Hello guys, I just wanted to give you a fast update. I think adding Glucosamine/Chondroitin was the missing ingredient. The protocol is working. My gut feels protected. I am going to take a break from the protocol for a few days because want any bowel blockage. I am going to be careful not...
  21. J

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

Hello Karen, I think one of the reasons Butyrate burnt my guts is because I lacked the protective mucin coating. I am addressing this issue in the following thread: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/fixing-leaky-gut-one-possible-me-cfs-cure.39712/
  22. J

Hey, When using the mucin supplement directly, if done in the right dosage, then yes I would say my energy level improved a lot. I felt physically stronger like I did back in my pre-illness days. It is all about dosage when taking the mucin supplement. You want to take the right amount to...
  23. J

Oh yeah, one of the reasons I think my experiment failed is because of the Apple Pectin. My body does not handle fibers too well, which is why I probably experienced even worst constipation. I think it is because of the low gut flora. So, if one of you guys were to try the experiment, then it...
  24. J

@gregh286 , thanks for the compliment. Compliments like this are the reason I keep going. Guys, My recent Mucin supplement taking experiment has failed. The heat, heaviness, and eventual constipation became too much for me so I took Dr. Christopher's Bone and Tissue to get rid of the mucus...
  25. J

Hello guys, I decided to cheat on Step 3 in the protocol and try to take a Mucin supplement again. I am a "I want it now" guy. I am taking one capsule of Pioneer Nutritional Formulas Comprehensive Gut Health every two days which supplies 50 mg of Mucin per dose. This time I am going to take...
  26. J

You can cheat on step 3 if you can use a Mucin supplement straight up if it doesn't cause you constipation.
  27. J

@perrier , sounds good man. About this protocol thus far... let me re-iterate the steps... 1. Have a properly working Methylation Cycle... (Will talk about this more at a later date) 2. Heal any irritation that currently exist in the gut... Take the following supplements: Twice Per Day...
  28. J

I am a bit of a chatterbox this morning. I think for this protocol to successfully work, your methylation system must be up and running. Our bodies being able to metabolize proteins and fats are a must for our gut to be able to heal itself. @perrier , maybe this thread can be helpful to your...
  29. J

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

Sooooo, C. Butyricum is not a transient probiotic? It will take permanent residence in your gut if the conditions are right? Earlier in this thread, someone said it was transient.
  30. J

Glad to see this thread is still active, :). Just to give an update, I think the protocol in my opening post is working. My gut feels much better. I have added two more supplements to this protocol... MSM Calcium D-Glucarate I will explain later or one of you smarties can do it for me, :).