• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. London Rachel

liver enzym CYP2C19*17 frustrates Progesteron, adrenals and MAO A

I mean B3 test - sorry. @Paralee and @Gondwanaland
  2. London Rachel

Hi @Paralee Thanks for coming back. I can take a 3 test, but would love to know why you think progesterone intolerance is due to low B3 - is there a study or something you know that shows this - would love to understand the science. My Cortisol isn't low - it's normal amount but a bit...
  3. London Rachel

Paralee and Gondwanaland - I am hugely interested to read this. I'm having nightmares supplementing with sex hormones. Oestrogen only relieves symptoms for me - and Progesterone (bio-identical, creams or vaginal oils) is a nightmare - can't tolerate even small amounts - it converts to cortisol -...
  4. London Rachel

Which doctor... low dose Valcyte, HPA hormonal issues?

Wondering if anyone can offer any insight. I'm 6 years post RAI for Graves Disease and whilst now finally on NDT with good thyroid labs I've been left with ME. One theory is that to have had extremely low T3 levels for 3 years whilst on levothyroxing only have left the microglia so upregulated...