• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Amalgam fillings and mercury toxicity aggravating adrenal fatigue?

My adrenal crisis happened over 3 years ago. I was not actually aware of what was happening because I had no history of known adrenal issues, so I did not seek medical help or treated it in any way. The crisis was triggered by a chronically low carb and low calorie diet combined with excessive...
  2. M

Amalgam fillings and mercury toxicity aggravating adrenal fatigue?

I had 10 amalgam fillings about a month ago, all in my molars and most of them are about 5-10 years old. I had only three removed so far, one unsafely removed and the other two 'safely' removed by a biological dentist. I plan on continuing to remove all my fillings, but I'm not sure if they're...
  3. M

Adrenal Panel Results

Hey arminta7, could you please update us on your progress and your experience with HC? It'd be interesting to see if it eventually relieved your symptoms or not. Thanks.
  4. M

Adrenal Panel Results

Apologies, I got the results mixed up. How do you feel upon waking? I had high morning cortisol last year and felt great when I woke up, but after breakfast and as the day progressed my symptoms would return. Trial the 5mg dose at noon and afternoon and keep us updated on your progress. I'm...
  5. M

Adrenal Panel Results

2.5 mg? Seems like a very small dose. Try bumping it up to 5 mg in the mornings. Low morning cortisol is an indication of very poor adrenal output.
  6. M

Sublingual L-Glutathione or Glutathione?

Which is more effective?
  7. M

Responding poorly to cortisol therapy/hydrocortisone

An adrenal test taken a few months ago indicated moderately low cortisol output throughout the day, however my symptoms have been relatively bad. I wake up groggy and tired, get hypoglycemic reactions after a high protein breakfast, cannot exercise, I have rapidly gained weight and my cognition...
  8. M

Latest observations from 'experimenting' with HRT for Adrenal Fatigue

What type of supplements could 'modulate' the HPA axis? I also react poorly to thyroid medication and cortisol therapy, and I have confirmed secondary hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue.
  9. M

Adrenal Cortex Experience. Possible Breakthrough.

Update: Today I took an even smaller dose to avoid the usual adverse symptoms, they were less severe but I felt no effect. I think I'm going to continue with a larger dose and hope that the paradoxical symptoms wear off a little eventually. If not, I may just have to resort to hydrocortisone (I...
  10. M

Sorry I didn't make this clear in my post. Adrenal glandulars are the whole gland desiccated, whereas the adrenal cortex is less stimulating since it does not contain the adrenaline properties found in the outer gland. I'm not sure how this all works. I don't know of many who have fully...
  11. M

I have stage 3 adrenal fatigue with confirmed low cortisol and DHEA (as well as mild secondary hypothyroidism). Ever since experiencing an acute adrenal crisis about 3 years ago, I have tirelessly supplemented and experimented with various types of minerals, nutrients and desiccated organs and...
  12. M

So basically, how do I treat low cortisol problem?

So what does one do when they're suffering with chronically low cortisol and supplementation ranging from hydrocortisone to adrenal cortex don't help? I always experience adverse reactions to supplements that are suppose to be relieving my symptoms and supporting my adrenals, and my adrenal...
  13. M

Vitamin C - any dangers?

Interesting. Did it improve any of your symptoms at all? I can't seem to find any one with confirmed adrenal fatigue that has benefited from vitamin c supplementation in the long term, or any contribution towards recovery.
  14. M

Any one have any success dosing with Vitamin C or following Dr. Lam's protocol?

I've recently toyed with the idea of dosing with Vitamin C for a while now, and taken a few supplements in the form of conventional ascorbic acid supplements and Acerola berry powdered capsules, both times experiencing adverse effects to rather small doses. I'm looking into supplementing with...
  15. M

Moderate cognitive impairment, weight gain, suicidal - at my wits' end with severe adrenal fatigue

Yes my adrenal fatigue is confirmed. I had a saliva test done a few months ago that indicated low cortisol and DHEA, which I now suspect are lower. I also had a full thyroid panel last year and my T4 was borderline low. It's costly to follow up on these tests as they are only available privately...
  16. M

Moderate cognitive impairment, weight gain, suicidal - at my wits' end with severe adrenal fatigue

I am literally at rock bottom with my adrenal fatigue. I have no social or dating life, I am rapidly gaining weight, my memory is getting worse, I'm starting to stutter and take longer to comprehend basic conversation and information. My cognition has deteriorated significantly over the past two...
  17. M

Excess calorie intake and 'junk' food improving adrenal fatigue symptoms

Well I've been indulging in pizzas, sugary and savory snacks and most fast food stuff. It's been pretty calorie-dense, possibly in excess of 3000+ calories. Here in the UK there are restrictions on dyes, food colouring, GMOs etc. but hydrogenated fats and poor quality food is something to...
  18. M

Excess calorie intake and 'junk' food improving adrenal fatigue symptoms

Over the past few days I have been more casual with my caloric intake (I don't usually restrict but eat to satiation) and food choices. I have always favoured more nutritious foods and adhered to the nutritional balancing advice during recovery, and I still am, but there are brief periods during...
  19. M

The reason why the Dr. Lam "mega-dose vitamin C" approach works and other thoughts

My issue with people like Dr. Lam and other practitioners that have jumped on the 'adrenal fatigue' bandwagon and made use of its easily marketable treatment, they have no REAL success stories. Their testimonials are flooded with fake names and claims. Sure, Lam's website provides excellent...
  20. M

Licorice root/cortisol-raising drugs (hydrocortisone)?

Great. Sounds like you can tolerate pregnenolone, and it benefited you at much higher doses. I struggled with 5mg, so I can't begin to imagine how much 100mg would effect me physiologically. I would have probably reverted back into my pre-recovery-adrenal-crisis state with the overwhelming...
  21. M

Since my DHEA is low, I have experimented with oral and transdermal pregnenolone and oral DHEA at the smallest doses, around 2.5mg (1/4 of a pill!). It definitely aggravates my symptoms, I start developing acne, become irritable, fatigued etc. It also induced insomnia, which makes me suspect...
  22. M

So I've been suffering with adrenal fatigue for over 28 months now, and recovered by only about 60% to my pre-adrenal crisis state. A saliva cortisol test taken a few months ago indicated only slightly disturbed (low) cortisol levels, with optimal levels in the morning but dipping too low...
  23. M

hypothalamus extract

Any update on your symptoms? Did you find the adrenal cortex helpful in the long term?
  24. M

Dr. Wilson's Adrenal Rebuilder review

I actually just found Dr. Wilson's blog, he writes articles and sometimes his 'team' respond to comments (though most of these seem fake and written by his staff to conveniently promote a product or service). Either way, most of the articles have some pretty good info and resources...
  25. M

The customer service team replied with copy and pasted information from ingredients section of the page and weren't very helpful. I applied pregnenolone topically for the first time today. Oral pregnenolone messed with my digestion, induced acne, made me insomniac and made me feel groggy. The...
  26. M

Since the Adrenal Rebuilder claims that it processes the glands to strip them of their hormones to counteract a stimulating effect, what nutrients are left? On Dr. Wilson's Q&A page, it only claims that one would benefit from the 'nutrients' of the supplement. What nutrients specifically? The...
  27. M

So you have't fully recovered? What symptoms are you still experiencing and what subsided (if you don't mind sharing)? How did you feel taking pregnenolone/DHEA? My DHEA is a little low and my cortisol is only marginally low, but I'm still very symptomatic (rapid weight gain, cognitive issues...
  28. M

I know this is an old thread but many of your symptoms and reaction to adrenal treatments and therapies seem similar to mine. How are you feeling today? Have you completely recovered? Dr. Wilson's 'Adrenal Rebuilder' seems to be a similar product to an adrenal cortex formula - processing and...
  29. M

Can't even tolerate 5mg of pregnenolone?

Does any one have any recommendations when to take pregnenolone? My cortisol levels are pretty high in the morning, but very low throughout the day. However, taking it mid-day seems to disturb my sleep. Any ideas?
  30. M

Can't even tolerate 5mg of pregnenolone?

Did taking pregnenolone eventually make you feel better and improve your health? How did you initially react? Why do you think that may be? Other external factors? Stress? What was the dosage?