• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Rich Vank's Simplified Methylation Protocol Poll

Checking in: It's been a while since I checked in. I ended up doing about 3 months of this protocol, despite my housing issue that popped up during the middle of this. One note, I was never able to include PS in my regimen. It simply did not agree with me from day 1. I'm still taking...
  2. M

Astounding Norwegian research breakthrough with Rituximab can solve CFS mystery!!!

Hannah, I have no doubt there are those who have an infectious component to their problems. But if it is solely an infectious cause, why doesn't everyone on planet earth have it? Why does it only effect certain people? Why do some people tolerate stress and others go to pieces? The best theory I...
  3. M

Astounding Norwegian research breakthrough with Rituximab can solve CFS mystery!!!

Even though I am schooled in allopathic medicine, what I believe has helped me the most was applied kinesiology testing of any substance that was going into my body, by a skilled practitioner. I agree that supplements, herbals, vitamins and the like can be just as dangerous as meds. But IV...
  4. M

I'm truly sorry for your troubles, my friend. I do not wish to criticize, only to inform of what has worked for me. Prior to opting out of the pharmaceutical path, I was going downhill rapidly. I am happy to report, that course was reversed/halted through various "alternative" treatments...
  5. M

If you are as ill as you say, I would imagine you are taking some toxic pharmaceuticals? PS, I work in the medical field and don't discourage typical allopathic medicine, however, for those of us "hypersensitive" types, 99% of pharmaceutical offerings are toxic! YMMV, but I doubt it.
  6. M

One thing I have learned after having this illness for years- I will not allow anything to be injected into my body. No way, no how. That is a sure fire way to get worse! Rituximab will turn out to be a red herring, just like XMRV. This illness is metabolic not infectious, imho. Google the work...
  7. M

ESME: Prof. Martin Pall`s European Tour focused on NO/ONOO-cycle diseases and therapy

Why is the snake oil this guy is selling being given consideration as if it was actual fact? Who is financing these "talks"? Does anyone know of 1 single person who has recovered from this treatment/hypothesis? Call me a major skeptic.
  8. M

Does anyone have any recommendations for a magnesium supplement?

Tried the oil, no good. Mg Taurate is prob the best for encapsulated, imho. Wateroz Magenesium is the best I have found to this date. No bad rxn's to it ever, unlike all of the others I've tried and you only need a tiny amount to do the job. Very nice product for those with mega...
  9. M

Another(and better?) theory of of ME/CFIDS/FMS/MCS etc.

Yes, I'm going to go out on a limb and hypothesize that XMRV is not the smoking gun we are all desperately searching for. Hopefully I am proven to be wrong on this, but I doubt that will happen. In the early days of cfs, it was thought that EBV was the smoking gun, then HHV, etc. I think most...
  10. M

One of the main points of Dr Rochlitz's work is that the mainstream urine/blood testing is grossly inadequate. You have to get DNA testing to be certain. I spoke with him the other day about ME. He seems to think that most with "ME" are probably undiagnosed porphs who came into contact with the...
  11. M

Hi, thanks for input. I take the occasional multi(Thorne, 1 x week, cant seem to tolerate any more). Also take molybdenum 1 x week. Most supps seem to make me sick if I try daily usage. Unfortunately, I'm off the regimen right now as I just had some "natural" earthweave carpet put in my house...
  12. M

Extreme photosensitivity is a symptom of only one of the eight porphyrias- variegate porphyria. If you are not making heme correctly, then your mitochondria won't work properly-aka, you will experience profound fatigue. Also, your cytochromes(more heme based proteins) will not detoxify your...
  13. M

One of the main points of the book/talk is that the standard blood/urine testing for porph is grossly inaccurate.
  14. M

This is definitely worth investigating, imho: http://www.oneradionetwork.com/dr_steven_rochlitz_-_porphyria%3a_ultimate_cause_of_common_chronic_%26_environmental_illnesses_04.26.10/ http://www.wellatlast.com/whatsnew.html "PORPHYRIA:The Ultimate Cause of Common, Chronic, & Environmental...
  15. M

Most Abrupt Treatment Turnaround - Dr Cheney

I do not understand the love affair with DR Cheney and other of his ilk. Please show me 1 pt that he has made well! So , he comes out last year and announces everything he has been doing for the past 10 years is totally wrong?! This is an admission that he has no idea what he is doing. How much...
  16. M

Eliminated hypoglycemia by switching to high-GI diet

Perhaps you should be tested for porphyria(aip or copro), who's chief treatment is glucose drips!
  17. M

Cholestyramine (CSM) Treatment - Elimination of Toxins

I did 3 months of csm, did absolutely zero for me. Not to mention most of the rx grade csm is loaded with sugar or the toxic nutrasweet. No thank you. Zeolite or IP6 are much better, imo.
  18. M

Chelation before methylation protocol?

I've been using zeolite( acs zeolite to be exact). Seems pretty benign to me. I did a round of DMSA a few years back, and it nearly put me on disability. I think that stuff moves mercury into your brain! Not to mention, PWCs seem to have very little tolerance for high sulfur compounds and foods...
  19. M

My 1st post here. I've been on this protocol for 3 days. I have slept the last 2 nights like a rock for 8 hrs. uninterrupted by waking/urination as is usual. That is worth it's weight in gold to me. I detoxed for 2 months prior to starting this with acs zeolite/acz nanosilver. Also started...