• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Can't find comfortable mattress, in agony when I lie down

Hello guys, thanks for the advice. A few points (sorry for the essay)... - When I'm lying down on "new" mattresses, they feel nothing like my old one and completely alien to me. I'd assume that this means that different pressures are on different parts of the body as compared to my old one...
  2. M

Can't find comfortable mattress, in agony when I lie down

Bit of a long post so bear with me. Easier to do bulletpoints. - Severe CFS since early 2010 (bedridden). Had to change mattress once in that time (April 2014), to a very soft 600 pocket sprung memory foam bed which basically collapsed under my weight. Never had a problem with pain when...
  3. M

Agony in legs when I lie down...

Hello folks, thanks for the responses. I've tried the pillow between the legs thing, no joy. Lying on my back is no better either. Have tried stacking the bed with pillows from head to toe as well. I've got a two inch memory foam mattress topper and when I put that on top of the mattress I...
  4. M

Agony in legs when I lie down...

Just wondering if this is consistent with anyone else's ME symptoms. My old very soft mattress became very uncomfortable a couple of months ago, so it needed to be replaced. I've been unable to find a replacement. My problem has been that any other mattresses I've tried has caused agony in my...