• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

My Airbnb Situation..

my thinking was that if they are willing to pay 25-30 to the taxi guy, then why not you....unless your area is very competitive and you are charging 15 to attract customers....few times I used airbnb, I would have paid extra for host pick up.....it was a pain finding the place, keys etc....I am...
  2. G

My Airbnb Situation..

Hi @Misfit Toy ...why are you charging only half for airport pick up ?....your service is better (safer, no chance of getting lost, specially at night etc. etc.) than taxi or uber...after gas and car wear/tear you are not making much....you should charge at least same as taxi.....just a thought...
  3. G

Medicare Part D question.

Hi...what is medicap ?.....I know of medigap, which is a medicare supplemental plan....or you can buy medicare advantage plan (one I use) from a private company that covers all three A(hospital), B(doctor/medical) and D(drugs)....medicare.gov sends you this booklet which tells you which private...
  4. G

Dr Enlander's office

used to be open for phone response on Mon and Tuesday only....look at the thread "appointment w Dr. enlander"...Dr. Enlander posted there that he is still active few weeks or months ago....
  5. G

Always hungry and high triglycerides

I would agree with everything Offset Entity saying above....constant hunger comes from lack of nutrients in your body...try to eat lot of leafy vegetable which are loaded with nutrients...simple things like lime/lemon juice or herbs like cilantro are loaded with nutrients...you can add these to...
  6. G

How to live after giving up fighting?

Hi Jasper....I would say exactly what Wonko has said.....accept this illness...eventually you will get used to this new "normal" life....stop thinking about this illness all the time...find something to keep your mind occupied, learn something new, do something around the home to feel you...
  7. G

mTor Inhibitor Rapamune Helps 5 ME/CFS Patients in Dallas

Thank you @rodgergrummidge ...for doing the literature survey and write this report....
  8. G

Exercise strategies?

My strategy is to not spend more than 50-75% of my energy on that moment, whatever the activity is....remember that exercise to the limit or beyond does not reward us with extra stamina or strength like normal healthy people, actually it is the opposite.
  9. G

mTor Inhibitor Rapamune Helps 5 ME/CFS Patients in Dallas

Hi anyone...does one need a prescription to buy this drug ?.....if not, is it safe to use it on my own without a doctor's supervision ?.....why is not there more interest in this drug considering how good the outcomes are (granted small sample size) ?...thanks in advance
  10. G

Cravings when fatigued

@gettinbetter ; my biggest improvement on this diet has been cognitive : almost gone brain fog, dizziness, can use computer longer etc.....activity improved at least one level....overall lethargy reduced....officially CFS since 2003..initial symptoms since 1980's...yes still get crashes after...
  11. G

Cravings when fatigued

constant craving all my life until I switched to high nutrient diet (70% green veg. plus fruits) for last 3 years...lost weight and zero to minor craving that I can tolerate without going dizzy or sweating....learned from Dr Joel Fuhrman's book on immunity solutions...I don't buy any of his...
  12. G

attempt to study connection between body bacteria and autoimmune deseases

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ibm-computer-help-scientists-study-120000593.html
  13. G

I've given up on all treatment

one day in the future, you will realize that this was one of your smartest decisions....you are much better off experimenting with as many green leafy vegetables as you can....one nutritional doctor said that we don't even know yet all the good stuff that are in all kinds of vegetables, and...
  14. G

Need help getting nutrition (micronutrients)

Dr. Joel Furhman has determined/calculated Aggregate Nutrient Density Index (ANDI score) of different categories of foods....He has a website I think called immunity solutions...I got his book thru Public television fund raising shows..you will be surprised with some of the score of common foods...
  15. G

Intermittent fasting and CFS/ME?

I just learned that Japanese do the same thing...largest in the morning...makes lot of sense after such a long break after dinner.
  16. G

Creating illusions of wondrous effects of yoga and meditation on health: A skeptic exposes tricks

I am no expert in any of these, so take it for what it is worth....yoga is physical mostly, meditation is for resting your brain or mind and breathing is for extra oxygen in our system (7 or 9 times more oxygen compared to regular breathing)...I tried yoga and quit immediately because I realized...
  17. G

Creating illusions of wondrous effects of yoga and meditation on health: A skeptic exposes tricks

All I know is Steve Jobs (iphone creator), Ray Dalio (biggest hedge fund manager), Novak Djokovic (#1 tennis player) used to or meditate everyday....Dalai Lama, Buddha and so on...these are intelligent, curious people...
  18. G

Ampligen approved for severe ME/CFS in Argentina

stock down 10%.....nobody buying this news....
  19. G

How can we help accelerate Dr Naviaux's ME/CFS Suramin trial?

Since Africans have CFS and Suramin is available in Africa.....may be we can convince a doctor or scientist to conduct this trial in Africa ?
  20. G

Community Symposium on molecular basis of MECFS! DISCUSSION THREAD!

Since name of our illness is not etched in stone yet...why don't we change name from CFS to African sleep sickness...lets face it, our daily life is not far from what sleep sickness implies....lol
  21. G

Intermittent fasting and CFS/ME?

I switched to nutrient rich (70% green leafy vegetables and fruit +20% protein+10% carb) diet and 12 hour (dinner to breakfast) fasting 3-4 years ago and results are all good, specially cognitive and weight loss....these hours are easy to do and maintain....I also try to give as long a break...
  22. G

Does anyone else worry about money/finances?

Did you look into GoFundMe.com......this website is the #1 website for raising money for personal medical costs. May be PR should start a GoFundMe.com campaign to raise funds for financial help to PWME/CFS.....those of us with CFS but financially ok then can donate to this fund and help our...
  23. G

Does anyone else worry about money/finances?

one option will be for 3-4 people to live together to lower housing and car cost.....can also get moral support when things are difficult
  24. G

Anyone have seizures?

I had a major seizure in 2010 after continuous use of computer and also some emotional stress....24 hr. EEG did not find anything and no drug was prescribed...I try not to use computer for too long at a time after that event. Even healthy kids who play computer games a lot get seizures...
  25. G

Meditation as a tool to calm microglia?

There are many types of meditation...I was taught by a meditation teacher who used to be an oncologist which means he knows or understands how our cells function and can understand all the literature on scientific meditation studies...He also studied little bit about CFS after meeting me....he...
  26. G

If the Norway Rituximab trials are a success - Will it be available worldwide?

If one looks at the phase 2 results, responders are of younger age and of low to moderate level sickness.....whereas non responder are of all ages and all level of sickness.....granted that sample size is small, but may be there is more than placebo effect.
  27. G

Feedback on my list of foods that assist M.E. recovery

strawberry, blueberry, oatmeal, green tea for breakfast......kale, collard, chard cooked with spicy lentil, banana, small amount of dark choc. for lunch, ......tortilla bread wrap with coconut butter, lettuce, avocado, vegetable juice for snack......cooked cabbage and scrambled egg, other...
  28. G

Adding Vegetables and Herbs to Diet

Thanks for the post....did Dr. Reid recommend to eat all of these raw ? I eat almost 70% of these, mostly cooked at low temperature and find it helpful. Collard and Kale is pretty bad even after cooking. May be you can cook some of them and eat the rest raw. I read some time ago that turmeric is...
  29. G

Numbness when sleeping anyone ?

yes...numbness happens to me all the time for at least last ten years....some locations on my body last for days or weeks but eventually always gets better...happens in all sleeping positions but least when on my back