• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. eljefe19

HMB to prevent muscle wasting and improve wound healing

@Basilico ive been taking HMB too! It's a mTorC1+/Akt+/IGF+/and possibly even mTorC2+ substance. Should on paper be a very useful supplement. Combine with Aminos for further mTorC2/Akt activation.
  2. eljefe19

Drugs linked to mitochondrial toxicity (eg: tetracycline, minocycline, metformin)

http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/neu.2007.0369?src=recsys&journalCode=neu This statin looks interesting though
  3. eljefe19

Drugs linked to mitochondrial toxicity (eg: tetracycline, minocycline, metformin)

Metformin inhibits Akt and mTorC1 so it makes sense to me that it made pwme worse
  4. eljefe19

PDK inhibitors

Yup I have changed my dosing up according to everyone's suggestions here. I'm doing 3mg twice a week. Doin' alright ask me in a couple months though.
  5. eljefe19

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

@adreno check it out; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4615854/ Clostridium butyricum activates Akt and induces BDNF btw
  6. eljefe19

How can we "stimulate" mTOR?

Rapamycin mentioned in the above paper.
  7. eljefe19

Can any of the biochem heads out there read this paper I found and interpret? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4207988/ It relates to @nandixon and the mTorC1 theory. I found some evidence that goes against an underactive mTorC1 and supports an overactive mTorC1 instead, based on...
  8. eljefe19

PDK inhibitors

@Tunguska Why do you think DCA would be dangerous with Rapamycin? I happen to have some DCA that I never really gave much of a trial.
  9. eljefe19

PDK inhibitors

Thanks guys, yeah I was putting a lot of hope into Rapamycin I even stopped my other mTor supplements. I just sent my doc at OMI to ask about continuing with Rapamycin. I broke it down into immediate effects from Akt and long term effects from B cells. It's pretty clear to me it's not going to...
  10. eljefe19

PDK inhibitors

@Tunguska I felt pretty sure I was improving 2-3 days into starting Rapamycin but I'm a week in now at 1mg and the last two days have been pretty standard PEM. Suffice to say I'm not feeling any tremendous relief from Akt activation. I shouldn't have by now shouldn't I? I've now tried several...
  11. eljefe19

mTor Inhibitor Rapamune Helps 5 ME/CFS Patients in Dallas

Hey @Tunguska what's one Akt activator you wanna try???
  12. eljefe19

The role of IP-10 in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Agreed, that's why I said take with a grain of salt. However, @Tunguska has described in great lengths how Rapamycin could be causing immediate relief. Inhibition of mTorC1. Oddly, Rapamycin reliably activates Akt and Akt dependent pathways upstream of mTOR, which likely outweighs the mTorC1...
  13. eljefe19

Ay Scott, buddy, no worries. I got the hook up on the 1 mg tabs, and they are just under $200 for 30, and something like $550 for 90. PM me. I'm thinking I'm going to do a 3-4 month course and then stop and see.
  14. eljefe19

Hey, thank you internet friend, that's kind of you to say. I'm only saying Ron Davis should know since I'm now the 7th person I know to have benefit such as me from this drug. I figured it's time he hear that unlike what he said in his last video, Rapamycin actually appears to counterintuitively...
  15. eljefe19

Thanks Jaime! OMI has got my back on this one tho.
  16. eljefe19

Hi Jaime, I have a message to pass to Prof Davis. I think Rapamycin needs to be a priority in testing. After reading a few accounts here of Rapamycin producing fast and drastic relief, I acquired some. I am now three days into starting 1 mg Rapamycin, so take with a grain of salt, but I feel...
  17. eljefe19

Five ways to reduce your ME/CFS "wired but tired" hyperaroused brain state

@Hip Also what's up with 2000mg dose of Citicoline?? The highest I found on amazon was 500mg.
  18. eljefe19

@Hip Any idea if that's the length of time it took for it's effect on GLT-1? Also any idea if 50mg has an effect on GLT-1?
  19. eljefe19

@Hip I'm trying Riluzole soon. I just realized though that the 50mg tablets I bought (which were not cheap) are three times less than the dose used in the studies. What do you think I should do?
  20. eljefe19

Seeing Dr John Chia on Friday, What Questions Should I Ask?

Dr. Kaufman at OMI has been pretty hesitant to go deep in CVB but I believe we're testing them soon. My CpN is also being tested again soon and then he's going to decide whether to treat. We haven't yet.
  21. eljefe19

Echovirus 7 1:80 IgM CVB1 1:10 IgG CVB5 1:10 IgG What's CpN again?
  22. eljefe19

Echovirus 7, HHV-6, and EBV all were slightly elevated. My most elevated titer was actually Chlamydia Pneumonia. CVB1 and 5 were very slightly elevated.
  23. eljefe19

Btw I'm sure I'll come up with some questions for Dr. Chia. I think number one how he connects his enterovirus theory with findings like suppressed PDH enzyme function. How would an enterovirus cause this to happen?
  24. eljefe19

See I had no significant evidence of Igg CVB. CVA tho yes.
  25. eljefe19

Because it wouldn't have changed my treatment plan at all . And it's a surgery, albeit minor. He was a cautious af dude and honestly a terrible doctor.
  26. eljefe19

I'm not sure. I was all set to do it and then my primary care told me not to. I was already taking oxymatrine so it wasn't like a positive test would have spurred further treatment options. Meh my CVB Titers were low anyways.
  27. eljefe19

@Jesse2233 Yo Jesse are you going to do the special biopsy testing Dr. Chia uses to prove enterovirus infection?
  28. eljefe19

@aquariusgirl Wasn't PPAR delta found to be upregulated in ME/CFS by Fluge and Mella?
  29. eljefe19

@nandixon Started Sirolimus today actually. That's a really interesting find about Sirolimus downregulating chemokines because it's the third potential significant MOA it has (B cell suppression and Akt activation).