• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Z

Incredible improvements with Helminthic Therapy

I'm still hosting, and right at two years with hookworms (about 8 months hosting a truly therapeutic dose). And 3 years, 9 months of hosting total. (I began hosting rat tapeworms.) So far, for me, it helps some. It can be a rocky road, with ups and downs. I'd still rather host than not...
  2. Z

Moderate success with hookworms/helminthic therapy after 2.5 yrs

Luke, There is a good Facebook Group called Helminthic Therapy. In the Files section there, you will find several methods of cultivating hookworms. I use "Sarah's Simple Method". It is not as clean as using glass petri dishes, but it is extremely easy and simple. In fact, I just started a...
  3. Z

Moderate success with hookworms/helminthic therapy after 2.5 yrs

Hey Luke, I too am hosting. Nice to see a fellow ME/CFS wormie. :) I started with rat tapeworms from Biome Restoration in 2014, and they helped some. Then I graduated to Necator Americanus hookworms in April of 2015. Like you I have had some ups and downs. I got my hookworms off the...
  4. Z

Mental health ? Um.... Yeah, I do have some things to say about that. Occasionally, I can tell that my hookworms are making me irritable. On the other hand, they can sometimes make me feel really Zen. On balance, I am MUCH calmer over all than before hosting, and I am thankful for...
  5. Z

Yes, their effects are both, generally the same... and different. Generally, they have a global effect of telling the immune system to calm down and be more tolerant. But, they are different, in that some seem to be better at this than others, and some seem to have more of a localized effect...
  6. Z

That's a VERY good point, Hip ! If you will notice in the body of the paper I just added to my message above, from 2011, there is a section, "Human Breg Cells: Do They Exist ?". Based on this, and other papers I've seen from the time period, there has for some time been a question of the...
  7. Z

Btw, I am unfairly undercutting worms here by talking around the margins. If you want to get to the meat of things, in my opinion, you need to concentrate on helminth induction of IL-10 secreting Treg and Breg's. (Although, I had not seen the paper cited by Hip above, which is very...
  8. Z

I can't lay my hands on the paper at the moment. But, from memory, I recall seeing that human adapted helminthes were capable of producing cannabinoids. It sort of makes sense that intestinal parasites would hit upon that trick, given the number of cannabinoid receptors in the human gut, and...
  9. Z

<So what improvements have you seen?> Well... I had long standing foot and ankle edema, with a rust color that extended from my shins to my feet, and also lots of toe nail fungus. Dr. Cheney speculated that the rust color in my skin was iron depositation from dying red blood cells. Anyway...
  10. Z

I harvested some hookworms just a little while ago, and applied them to a family member. The materials necessary are not extensive, but the better equipment you have, the easier the process will be. Like Gyre, I use the 40X setting on my microscope to search with. That is all that is...
  11. Z

In terms of illness profile, I too started out as one who got sick with common colds and flus all the time. They would last for weeks and impact me deeply. Then as the years of CFS wore on, I did not get sick anymore. People in my house could all be sick with the flu, and I would never...
  12. Z

Hello, I don't post here very often (ever ?). I've had CFS for over 30 years, and have been a patient of Dr. Paul Cheney for over 12 years. I had classic onset of CFS, following diagnosed case of mononucleosis at around age 19. I'd like to compliment Gyre for such a thorough treatment of...