• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Orthostatic Intolerance home test

It is close and not close at times. It goes between 20 and 30. So not always low I guess. It was and even noted during my tilt table test but nothing else about it.
  2. M

My pulse pressure is constantly close. I don't know why. Also I am not on any medication to make orthostatic hypotension. I don't have pots according to the drs so I am pretty much considered fine. There is something going on to mess with my electrolytes but I don't know what. I know that is...
  3. M

I also have low pulse pressure. The tilt test showed that but i was told it was normal and it is dehydration causing it but I know it is not.
  4. M

I can't even get a standing reading. Frustrating too because I can't show any information to the drs. They also want me to take my bp right after fainting. Can't do that either because I need to rest a minute too feel better enough and by then my bp has stabilized. I also have been told by...
  5. M

MMA & B12

They were very small changes in the MMA. This whole b12 thing is so confusing. I don't think I can absorb b12 from food from my understanding. I don't know if it is true or not but I have an illeostomy. I was told with that you can't absorb the b12 properly from food or other sources properly...
  6. M

MMA & B12

I am just confused because then low mma would mean my b12 low doesn't mean I have a deficiency but I have a deficiency because I have symptoms.
  7. M

MMA & B12

Why would MMA be zero ideally?
  8. M

MMA & B12

I am getting the cyno b12 shots. My b12 is going up but so is the MMA level. My MMA levels are out of range low. I am confused how I would have so many symptoms of b12 deficiency if MMA is low and that means no issue with b12 even if levels are low. It makes no sense to me.
  9. M

MMA & B12

My MMA went up when my b12 went up. I was getting weekly shots for a month and it barely went up too. Less than a 100. I switched to monthy shots at B12 went down. Dr has not gotten back to me about it but I suspect. I will have to next time try biweekly shots or they will want me to go back to...
  10. M

MMA & B12

I have had MMA and B12 checked a few times. I have been getting B12 shots and then after a time they check after I had a low B12 shots were started. I am confused as to the correlation of MMA to B12. Both the MMA and B12 are low and doing the shots are making both go up but really slowly. I do...