• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. AlmostEasy

Calmness & increased functionality from Propranolol

I think I'm definitely onto something here. In reply to @Murph I've gotten progressively worse over the years, I've always had SOME anxiety but this is such profound stress that just sitting in my room makes me almost useless at times. I'll check out the beta-autoantibodies though that is...
  2. AlmostEasy

Calmness & increased functionality from Propranolol

So for a presentation I had to give I got a prescription of propranolol to keep calm during the event as my fight or flight is already racing almost all of the time anyways and when I first took it I discovered that I felt substantially better while on it and that I could read things again and...
  3. AlmostEasy

Is anyone here using MitoSynergy copper?

I used it to no avail but I have also heard good things. May just not have been my problem area. They offer free samples if you e-mail them your address. I e-mailed them twice and they never responded and finally I just said hey could you mail me a sample of a product here's my address and it...
  4. AlmostEasy

IGeneX Lyme Results - .. Maybe Positive?

If anyone has has seen an LLMD could chime in or has experience with interpreting lyme results, I would greatly appreciate an opinion. To me, it looks just BARELY positive, but positive it seems. The IFA is clearly negative, but... "If two or more of the double starred bands.." **34 kDa...
  5. AlmostEasy

Significant improvement on MitoQ

@Sherpa Gotcha. Is the liposomal resveratrol a creation of your own or are you purchasing it? Since liposomal glutathione was huge for me I bought a mini industrial style sonic cleanser and have been making my own for a couple months. I've considered making lipo curcumin and resveratrol...
  6. AlmostEasy

Significant improvement on MitoQ

@Sherpa How did the MitoQ experiment turn out? Consistent?
  7. AlmostEasy

New to LDN for CFS... Tolerance? Where to get?

An antagonist and a re-uptake inhibitor are not the same and do not function the same. An SSRI would keep serotonin in the synaptic cleft, and the serotonin would be released from the agonism of a serotonin receptor initially. An opioid antagonist prevents the opioid from ever being released...
  8. AlmostEasy

Ok so it sounds like the benefits just maintained at a higher dose where they fell off at a lower dose. If that's what I could get from it I'd be stoked. With energy do you get help from brain fog at all? Gains in cognitive clarity and just general benefits to thinking properly? Also just...
  9. AlmostEasy

You know I had thought about it since I don't think what was helping me was the opioid rebound but more the anti microglial properties. What was your experience like getting to that dose? Did you do it for the brain fog help? Did it stop like mine and then remain effective at that dose?
  10. AlmostEasy

I developed complete tolerance to it within a month but at first it was like a miracle drug for my brain fog and scattered thoughts / memory. I have a now what seems to be, heroic ability to build tolerance to everything and anything and have done so for the past 4+ years so for me it's none...
  11. AlmostEasy

Whats FINALLY worked for me.

I don't know much about arteminisin but your recovery sounds like classic anti viral recovery. Incredibly slow, but profound over time. That's generally how it goes with those. From what I read the 3 month mark is a reasonable amount of time to say you feel something from them. And just to...
  12. AlmostEasy

antiviral crash / herx... how long? plus cortisol question

I guess I was splitting hairs some there in meaning that it's not like a side effect as in "this med can give you nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea" or "this med can cause ringing in the ears and blurry vision" if it's something for say depression. That is happening because it is, for lack of a...
  13. AlmostEasy

antiviral crash / herx... how long? plus cortisol question

At 4 weeks I had this flare up of my EBV and it gave me a fever for about 3-4 days and then just a general sickness for an additional 6 or so. I had to quit because I couldn't afford to be down and out like that while in school. Felt nothing from it for the first 4 weeks. Very high dose...
  14. AlmostEasy

Hydrocortisone Mystery

@Paralee my cortisol levels were fairly high on the 4 sample salivary test in 2012 I believe. I went up to 150 mcg T3 for a little bit there based on some fibro studies that tolerated it well with little to no side effects and it was quite wonderful while it was working but as usual with me it...
  15. AlmostEasy

Brain Stuck

What supplements are those? I got relief from CoQ10, D-Ribose, and NADH but they of course stopped working, the first 2 for about a month straight now nothing. Working on the Lyme test atm. Yeah it's quite unbelievable that this state of existence is real. No one in the world to help. We're...
  16. AlmostEasy

Brain Stuck

That's basically how I've been living for the past 6 or so years. Nothing really helps honestly, I've spent thousands on every supplement you can imagine and tried every pharmaceutical that has made sense. While this is frustrating and disheartening it also is a clue that it's something much...
  17. AlmostEasy

Hydrocortisone Mystery

So after more time has passed it seems as though the hydrocortisone isn't boosting me like it was before but it still is helping probably 15%, as opposed to 50%+. I added in some Cytomel my Dr gave me to play with a while back and it boosted me quite a bit. Temps were up to 98.0+ again...
  18. AlmostEasy

How do I go about outpatient testing?

Oh, alright. That's basically the two things I wanted to know. Thanks Sushi!
  19. AlmostEasy

Thx for the replies! So Quest can really handle things like that? It requires you to sit somewhere for over an hour I believe and have insulin injected and then have blood draws taken every so many minutes and have a rescue glucose shot ready in case you don't come back up. The facilities...
  20. AlmostEasy

So I'm trying to take this whole thing a bit more seriously and I want to get a few tests done, namely a Lactose Tolerance Test to test for SIBO and a hopefully Arginine/GHRH tolerance test to test for Growth Hormone Deficiency. I checked with insurance and "They do not require prior...
  21. AlmostEasy

Hydrocortisone Mystery

So before I even discovered the ideas of ME/CFS (not really certain that's what I have, no post exertion fatigue) I went through the more well known disorders and one of them I came across was the thyroid / adrenal fatigue. I scoured StopTheThyroidMadness and it made sense to me so I got a full...
  22. AlmostEasy

Xifaxan/Rifaximim

I'm in the same boat. There's so much unknown, such a large spectrum of symptoms, so much crossover, poor testing. I'm very hesitant to mess with the gut fearing near permanent disruption. I think I'll have to risk it eventually. I've always been resilient and never succumbed to much...
  23. AlmostEasy

Xifaxan/Rifaximim

Hmm, that is a bit of an outlier. Maybe it just wasn't enough? I read from the link posted above that it is sometimes combined with metronidazole or neomycin. https://chriskresser.com/sibo-update-an-interview-with-dr-mark-pimentel/ It's frustrating having so little information about these...
  24. AlmostEasy

Xifaxan/Rifaximim

I think from other posters experience it's pretty clear what is going on. Basically all of them saw the same thing and had to employ a different strategy to help maintain, I'm not sure on the exact details but I know @Sushi does some pulsing every month where he takes a week or two's worth and...
  25. AlmostEasy

Xifaxan/Rifaximim

I am extremely interested as well. There was a study demonstrating 2 herbal concoctions that were just as powerful if not more for treating SIBO directly compared to Xifaxan, sourcing these or at least finding out what is in them might be a preferred alternative...
  26. AlmostEasy

Minocyclin

That is interesting, I don't know much about FMS. Did you take the Lederle minocin initally? How long did it take to help? Did symptoms come back when you tried the generic minocycline? Are you saying that the Teva and Ranbaxy minocycline helped during these 2 years or in subsequent years...
  27. AlmostEasy

Minocyclin

If you receive that sort of die off that sounds clearly like a herx reaction as you're aware of. If the OP received benefit immediately, as I do, then it's almost certainly from it's anti inflammatory properties. I benefit from it almost immediately but taking it twice daily makes me feel...
  28. AlmostEasy

Relief With Enzymetica Digest Gold +Probiotics

So I've been searching for years for solutions to my problems, as most of us have. Here is a detailed overview of my problem, what I've tried, my labs, and what is working for me. Up until now I've tried giving my brain everything it could ever need and after about 3 years of this and getting...
  29. AlmostEasy

Help Deciding on Tests

That is amazing, thank you for writing that out (if you didn't already have it in a document ready to go!). - I definitely don't have POTS. - My thyroid labs are perfect, HPG axis panel perfect, testosterone is low, now on TRT but saw absolutely zero improvement in any aspect with this other...
  30. AlmostEasy

Namenda as needed?

It was absolutely phenomenal for me for quite some time. At the moment it's hit or miss it seems, tolerance of some sort. Seems to affect me positively due to neuro inflammation of unknown origin. Very powerful stuff.