• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

What kind of treatment does Dr. Meirleir advocate?

Ups! That's big money and it would be tough getting to Belgium. But I want so desperately to get better. The microbiome test is interesting. Which lab does he use for this? How does he rebuild the gut when that is the problem?
  2. B

Is it expensive? How much does he charge? Does he believe in the gut causing pain and cognitive deficits? If so, how does he rebuild the gut?
  3. B

It seems to be resolving but I have problems with oxalate. I had 5 years of antibiotics over a 7 year period. They didn't want to give me more. I think my gut is a major problem. I have severe pain and tremendous brain fog.
  4. B

They gave me nothing but said it is self-limiting.
  5. B

Go to website lowoxalate.info And join the Try low oxalate Facebook group.
  6. B

How do you get to be a patient of Dr Meirleir? I had in total 5 years of intensive antibiotics due to Lyme Disease. Last autumn after I ate, I had severe joint pains/burning skin/cognitive defects. Recently I read about oxalate and it became clear that was my problem. I joined the Try Low...