• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Strange reaction to methylfolate

Well, matt3n, I'm in your same boat. I used to think we should get all our nutrition from food, but six years ago when I got really ill I started in with the shotgun approach, and now take all kinds of things, not always being cautious with the dose. It really can be effective, though, just...
  2. S

Hi, matt3n, thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience regarding this. I'm so glad you've been able to get improvement by following Freddd's protocol. It could be the case that sunking101 and I are/were experiencing paradoxical folate deficiency. The issue I see with that exolanation...
  3. S

Potassium seems like a good avenue to pursue. I'm eating potassium-rich foods but I'm only supplementing about 1000mg. Freddd says many people need 2000-4000 mg. I wonder what would happen to our feet/legs if we increased the potassium significantly? I tested very low in potassium in hair and...
  4. S

Heapum scary is right. It's at least interesting and a tad comforting to know that at least one other person is experiencing something similar.
  5. S

Thanks, sunking101! Does that mean the blood pooling and tingling is resolving now, with your being off of everything?
  6. S

I've been on various methylation protocols since late 2013. In early 2014 I experienced my first side-effects from methylfolate. I've been reading like crazy on this forum about Freddd's active B12 protocol. I was really grateful to find out about the link between B12 and potassium. I was...
  7. S

Low ad12 w/ goodmb12?

I know that Amy Yasko says MMA is a measure of adenosylcobalamin, rather than methylcobalamin. I seem to recall reading something in a medical research abstract recently that supports that statement. So if your MMA looks great (meaning nice and low) then that would seem to be evidence that your...
  8. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thank you, ahmo! Is muscle testing difficult to learn? Do you find it reliable? Was excess B12 causing the hair loss, then?
  9. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Is it okay to try Freddd's protocol without any B6, do you think? My primary care doc suspects B6 toxicity as a possible cause of my peripheral neuropathy due to a blood test that showed out-of-range high plasma B6 level, and so she's having me avoid all supplemental B6 for now.
  10. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I knew that excess folate could mask B12 deficiency, but this is the first I've read that excess B12 can put you into folate deficiency. I was thinking it was okay to just take B12 without folate. I'm in a weird situation because I developed peripheral neuropathy in April that has progressed...