• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. roma

Vaccines, CFIDS/ME, GWI, HIV, Lyme, Flouride

Im not false HIV - its been ruled out many times i have tested at least 12 times for HIV antibodies and PCR and i have tested 4 times for HTLV negative as well, XMRV test was positive tho so to me there's really no doubt that XMRV is very real, sexuallly transmitted at least in my case and is...
  2. roma

not MS right now a brain MRI does not show demyelination but it does show a couple of specs, demyelination occurs a few weeks after a viral invasion to the brain. she gave me a retrovirus for sure, i have tested positive for XMRV so she gave me XMRV or whatever retrovirus is crossreacting with...
  3. roma

what about ME? I got an HIV like virus last year i know it was sexually transmitted i have at many different symptoms which some of my HIV + friends have but since my tests don't show anything than there's nothing wrong with me and im just stressed out, like i could stress myself into brain...
  4. roma

Article: XMRV at the NIH State Of Knowledge Workshop (SOK): The Mikovits Coffin Debate

let me throw this out there, WPI was created specifically to help and find the cause of ME/CFS and neuroimmune diseases and they found XMRV a retrovirus, a retrovirus has always been suspected to be the culprit of ME/CFS, Coffin has never helped ME/CFS research he has never seen ME/CFS...
  5. roma

AIDS-Like disease spreading in China - anyone heard from hanchuchu?

when i first got infected with XMRV(which is positive now) i thought it was HIV this happened last year i had all the typical ARS like symptoms and i was 100% sure it was HIV, i took at least 12 tests over the course of 8 months PCRs and antibodies and HIV was ruled all the tests were negative...
  6. roma

videos are up!

http://www.gordonmedical.com/aaim_videos.html
  7. roma

What about our human rights?

this was taken from the Human Rights watch website: Human Rights Watch is one of the worlds leading independent organizations dedicated to defending and protecting human rights. By focusing international attention where human rights are violated, we give voice to the oppressed and hold...
  8. roma

Comment by 'roma' in 'Contagion, really... but...'

i think you're taking this lightly just because the men you were with didn't get sick does not mean you didn't give them some kind of virus, i got sick last year in May and have been sick since and i know, i am 100% sure it was sexually transmitted, the condom broke when i was with this chick...
  9. roma

My recovery story

XMRV or any other retrovirus will pan out whether some people like it or not, a true ME case can only be caused by a virus, there may be people here that don't actually have a virus but still have a CFS diagnosed those are lucky because they really don't know what true ME feels like.. this is...
  10. roma

My recovery story

i think that we are seeing here one of the biggest issues that is also acting against ME research, different doctors use different criteria to diagnosed ME/CFS mainly because they don't know what they are doing, they run a bunch of blood tests a few x rays and scans here and there and if they...
  11. roma

Wellcome Trust Reseaarchers respond to criticism of their XMRV virus findings

http://scicasts.com/lifesciences/1874-bioresearch-disease-studies/3376-update-wellcome-trust-researchers-respond-to-criticism-of-their-xmrv-virus-conclusions Not sure if this is open yet if it is please delete
  12. roma

A video on HIV-AIDS, are there similarities with XMRV-CFS ?

hey Ian i dare you to take a blood transfusion from me, i have many HIV like symptoms after having a broken condom incident with a girl back in May, she has atypical MS and most of her symptoms and some ME/CFS symptoms i have now, like brain demyelination, Major GI problems, cognitive problems...
  13. roma

anybody trying Protandim?

Thanks a lot for the info i will check it out for sure..
  14. roma

Retrovirology Publishes Five Papers on XMRV and Contamination

she told me when i started to ask her what she had given me. i thought she had given me HIV because a few weeks after i was with her i started to feel really weird with all sorts of symptoms but she said the only thing she had was atpical MS and she kept telling me that it wasn't infectious...
  15. roma

hey Jemal you and me both buddy, the girl i was with has had atypical MS for the last five years and guess what? her last boyfriend about four years ago also got really sick after being with her and she told me that he's been sick since then, but she never warned me about anything because the...
  16. roma

when they found XMRV in prostate cancer the news were generally well accepted, but when they linked XMRV to ME/CFS is when the problems started, what I'm wondering is, did these people with prostate cancer have other health issues that haven't been mentioned? it would be interesting to know...
  17. roma

Stanford Chronic Infectious Illness Initiative (Including ME/CFS)

only the very first and the last links work, i guess i would be moving to Cali or Reno some time soon.
  18. roma

Building an advocacy plan in response to Unger's appointment

yes i truly feel as well we ought to be doing something this site some time has thousands of views to the same theard, probably many peolpe see the same thread many times, but the point is that we are wasting time here discussing whether XMRV cause ME/CFS when it's clear that there some pathogen...
  19. roma

what about these findings?

I wonder what this lab has to say about the five papers that say XMRV is contamination. http://www4.path.utah.edu/labs/singh/xmrv.php
  20. roma

Dr. Mikovits explains why it just cannot be a contamination

Stone i have been thinking about this for about a week or so, this would put an end to all discussions and it would clear any differences, but not just a CFS patient, a XMRV positive patient remember that not all CFS patients will test positive for XMRV specially because different doctors uses...
  21. roma

Dr. Mikovits explains why it just cannot be a contamination

We have to fight, in many many ways, protests, sending letters to the FDA,NIH,calling the Univertities that have so far replicated the study, sending letters and calling congress and even the president, there's is a phone number where we can call and leave a message to the president, there is...
  22. roma

Atlanta Unfiltered - CDC insider to run research on chronic fatigue syndrome

You are right Jackson, We have to fight, in many many ways, protests, sending letters to the FDA,NIH,calling the Univertities that have so far replicated the study, sending letters and calling congress and even the president, there's is a phone number where we can call and leave a message to...
  23. roma

Article: Retrovirology: Five Papers on XMRV and Contamination

you are absoultely right george we have to fight, in many many ways, protests, sending letters to the FDA,NIH,calling the Univertities that have so far replicated the study, sending letters and calling congress and even the president, there's is a phone number where we can call and leave a...
  24. roma

facebook link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whittemore-Peterson-Institute/154801179671#!/note.php?note_id=474146143025&id=154801179671
  25. roma

Article: Retrovirology: Five Papers on XMRV and Contamination

What about the findings done by the NIH,FDA, Emory University,Utah University, Dr De Merlier in Belgium who has tested positives all over Europe, what about those samples that were frozen for 15 years and tested positive now, how can they be contamination? what about the study done by Emory...
  26. roma

ME/CFS not caused by XMRV according to researchers from London. http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2010/12/20/chronic-fatigue-xmrv-contamination.html#socialcomments I don't even know what to say anymore, i can't believe there are pseudo scientists out there that still claim is nothing but...
  27. roma

CDC New Chronic Viral Diseases Branch Chief

how helpful would it be for us if some top dog at the CDC got infected with XMRV..
  28. roma

CDC New Chronic Viral Diseases Branch Chief

i have a few ideas on how we can get some more attention first, we can contact michael moore this is the guy who has done a few films and some of them have cause some controversy but it seems like he is always fighting against the government, not sure if this would be a good idea due to the fact...