• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

depressed about LDN

You had withdrawal/side effects from LDN? How much were you on and for how long? I've been on 2mg about 4 months. I plan to discontinue to see if I feel better without. I think it's messing up my other neurotransmitters. Feeling depressed, low energy, poor sleep etc... But not every day is like...
  2. S

safe to take olive leaf extract at the same time as methylation protocol?

I've been taking Olive Leaf extract for a week and feel that it has caused over stimulation, headache, insomnia, heart palps etc.. I feel like my Norepinephrine levels have increased or something else but not sure what. I will discontinue tomorrow and see how I do.
  3. S

Glutamine side effects

I know this post is old but thought I'd reply anyway.... I've been nervous about taking L-Glutamine due to the fact that it can convert to Glutamate and cause anxiety etc... I am an undermethylator and have pyroluria. The treatment for both has worked well and I started feeling MUCH better. I...
  4. S

Glutamine possibly wreaking havoc and dealing with leaky gut

I am an Undermethylator and have Pyroluria. I've been healing well from it, but a couple of months ago I thought I'd try Glutamine to help heal my gut, not sure I really needed to, but suspected so. Up until a week or so ago, I had been feeling pretty darn good. Glutamine seemed to help my...
  5. S

n-acetylcysteine (NAC) (N-A-C)

Hi, Well, I decided to try N-A-C again. I forget why I decided to give it another try. I think I thought my issues with it may have been caused by something else. Anyway, I started with half a capsule so about 250mg before bed. I did this for some time without nausea issues. I think it helped...
  6. S

does NAC really cause damage?

Anyone have bowel issues with just 500mg of NAC? I do take it at night before bed, not with food.
  7. S

Undermethylation - understanding the cause

Why is it said to avoid "Choline" in undermethylation? Does it lower Dopamine?
  8. S

I definately had some nausea from taking Chlorella in the past. Currently I've been using Source Naturals "Cilantro Metal Detox" which contains Cilantro and Chlorella in a liquid form. There's only 250mg of Chlorella per serving. I was only occasionally using it but have started using it more...
  9. S

Active B12 Protocol Basics

Hi, I'm still taking ALA daily. but I only take 50mg of the R-ALA form in the morning. I did try stopping ALA for a day or two but didn't change my insomnia issues. I might try taking some three times per day and see how it goes. I do not have any amalgams. I had two pin dot sized ones at one...
  10. S

I'm still off NAC for now. I do try a half a capsule every now and then at night to see if it helps with sleep or if it makes me feel worse. Jury is out still on if it's helping or not. I'm wondering if NAC did cause some excess mercury detox and I didn't have enough binders to bind and remove...
  11. S

Co Enzyme Q10 reaction? whats going on here?

Hi, Well, I decided to try coq10 again. Although I ended up starting it about the time I started Alpha Lipoic Acid. After a week or two I ended up having this new feeling of calm. It was strange, but felt good. Then shortly after my insomnia which was getting better, got worse and stayed...
  12. S

One sign is to check your histamine levels. If they are high, then you may be under-methylated. Also, if you are "COMT --" then you have a high need for methyl-donors, and possibly be low in Dopamine. Here's a great collection of methylation information...
  13. S

Hi Bill, If you are under-methylated, B12 should be helpful, folate not too much. Depends on your Methylation status. B12 can be stimulating, so you might start with a lower dose and see how you do. If you are an over-methylator, Folate and B12 could make your symptoms worse. (You can read...
  14. S

Hi, I went off NAC and started feeling better but my insomnia never improved. I tried a little NAC at bed time again but didn't help. I tried it the other day and I believe it caused next day nausea all day again. Not sure why it helped for a few weeks and now I just feel worse when taking...
  15. S

Hi, I'm MTRR ++ (two forms, one is ++ the other +_), I was taking low doses of MethylB12 but didn't seem to do much. I started taking a 5000 sublingual which has 4000mcg Methyl and 1000mcg adenosylb12, and some times took double and started feeling better (more energy, etc...) . But at...
  16. S

Hi, I've read that NAC can reduce glutamate levels or block their receptors and is a supplement that could help with insomnia. So, I added a small dose of NAC, about a half of a capsule which I'm assuming is about 200-250mg before bed along with my other supplements. This seemed to help. But...
  17. S

CBS Mutation.. High sulfate but normal Taurine? TOTAL BLOCK?

Hi, I know this thread is older, but.... I have CBS++. A NutrEval test shows I had a HIGH need for Glutahione, B12, and even showed I could use some Taurine. This is not what I would expect with CBS++. My urine sulfate test strips range from 400, 800, and slightly above at times. Taurine...
  18. S

repairing with B12 without overmethylation?

Hi, I was an under-methylator. I have been taking TMG 600mg-1200mg daily in the mornings for some time, and 5000mcg of Active B12 (4000mcg of Methyl and 1000mcg of adenosylcobalamin) for about the last month or so, etc....Is it possible to start over-methylating? I was feeling REALLY good for...
  19. S

Excess TMG and methylation...

Hi, I was an under-methylator. I have been taking TMG 600mg-1200mg daily in the mornings, and 5000mcg of Active B12, etc....Is it possible to start over-methylating? I was feeling REALLY good for a while, but now I'm feeling over stimluated, like I've had too much caffeine. I don't feel any...
  20. S

WARNING - LOW POTASSIUM IS DANGEROUS

Hi, I know this is an old thread, and not sure if anyone is going to reply, but thought I'd add my experience so far with Methlyation and possible potassium deficiency. I have MTRR++ defect. I require Methyl-B12. I was taking about 1000-2000mcg of dry capsule form, which seemed to help a...
  21. S

Diatomaceous earth - who has used it, and with what results?

Hi, I've tried DE. I'm on my second week. I feel pretty good after taking a dose. No negative side-effect up until recently. I now feel dehydrated and constipated. I feel like I have a cement brick in my gut. I drink a lot of water, so not sure what to do. I'm taking a day off to see if...
  22. S

Co Enzyme Q10 reaction? whats going on here?

Hi Justy, I tried 30mg Coq10 yesterday, and I seemed to do okay. Today I took another 30mg of Coq10, and I felt that buzzy stimluation kind of feeling, like I had caffeine (which I've always been sensitive too). Do you have adrenal fatigue? I've read one article that you need to make sure...