• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

My Folate Deficiency Worse with Folic Acid

I have tried nicotinic acid with the methyl-folate but it didn't do much, I felt warm and less anxious for the first half an hour after ingestion of the b-complex then after it didn't help me for the three days I felt bad. I will try a quater of a capsule and then report back, or I might try...
  2. K

I tried taking B-complex and standalone real active methylfolate, that was in these products. Does that mean these 5 different steps won't occur? I don't know if that's a bad thing. I get lots of weird reactions with various supplements. I remember someone suggested Sam-E a few years ago for...
  3. K

I was wondering if one of you can understand what is going wrong. I have had my blood work done and it says that I have got a folate deficiency. But, it seems when I take folic acid (the active form) at 800mcg I get really bad anxiety, tiredness, very bad depression, feeling "on-edge". So, I...
  4. K

Chronic Brain Fog & Genome Data Help?

Yes. Obviously if I go to my doctor he won't do anything as he would say it isn't necessary as they don't help me. I will have a look online for self-tests. Oh, I also have had a rash on my stomach. It's called pityriasis rosea, I remember having it 3 years ago and it went away but now it seems...
  5. K

I don't know about cortisol levels but now you mention it I do have like nearly all the symptoms including the social anxiety and overly emotional. Although don't think I can raise cortisol via supplementation or diet changes ? As for thyroid, I'm not sure either. I have done a self-test and it...
  6. K

Yes. He doesn't know what's causing it either. I've had blood pressure checks and that's okay, nothing wrong with my blood as stated above.. I have tired taking multivitamins and minerals and they don't help it so it cannot be a deficiency? Heavy metal detox with DMSA seems to help me a bit, but...
  7. K

Okay then thanks, that's good news. So what do you think I should do next to resolve this brain fog. It's really effecting my life in a bad way, and really want it gone. My cognitive function is bad, which makes it hard for me to understand what people are asking me as well, I have poor...
  8. K

Okay looked her up and did a test on knowyourgenetics.com. It says to support my BHMT-08 status to use DMG, but wouldn't TMG be better? As for the VDR-TAQ, I'm guessing I have to buy their RNA liquid. Do you know if this stuff actually works? Thanks :)
  9. K

Yeah, do you think that this could be causing me my brain fog and anxiety-related symptoms? I do feel like all of my symptoms are linked in with each other. How does one fix a VDR Taq mutation?
  10. K

When I run my genome data through genetic genie, it says I have VDR-TAQ mutation. I have uploaded a PDF of this. Not sure where to get a 1,25 hydroxy test done then, and I went out in the sun yesterday and still no difference. I don't flush that much and when I do e.g. Exercise and sun, it seems...
  11. K

I think it's just an explanation mark used to say it's over the limit I'm not sure your guess is as good as mine lol but pretty sure it's only a one when it's 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin D and I don't think this is the case.
  12. K

@Valentijn nope I haven't all of the other symptoms I specified above aren't chronic, they come and go depending on what month we're in. The main symptom that's chronic all the time is the brain fog / lack of awareness / mental acuity. I have tried drinking 2L of water for two weeks once with no...
  13. K

In addition, these are all my (+/+) gene mutations, just to avoid having to go through the doc! :) CYP2D6 S486T C CC +/+ SOD3 489 C>T T TT +/+ ABP1/DAO C1933G G GG +/+ ACE G2328A G GG +/+ BHMT-08 C6457T T TT +/+ CAT T5070C C CC +/+ FUT2 A12190G G GG +/+ FUT2 G12447A A AA +/+ FUT2...
  14. K

@drob31 I have had my Vitamin D levels looked at by the doc as listed here: P.S. I have tried taking omega 3 capsules again, with different ratios of DHA/EPA with no benefit. I do know that I remember experiencing brain fog a lot worse on alcohol, or after consuming a large amount once on an...
  15. K

Hey, My name is Kieran, I'm 20 and have had chronic brain fog for as longs as I can remember. This includes the cognitive dysfunction in a way that everything I look at seems to have less clarity, I lack visual acuity or clearness and it's not my eyes because they have been tested, along with...