• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. MikeM

Comment by 'MikeM' in 'A New Blog Grateful for Feedback!'

Hi Kina, I'm sorry to hear you did not like my message. Like I said - it won't be for everyone. However, let me propose a slightly different interpretation (as someone who has also gone through ME): I certainly do not blame ME on negative thinking and lifestyle. However, finding myself in a...
  2. MikeM

MikeM

"Perhaps it's the engineer in me, but I"m never content to see effects that lack a cause. I'm dedicated not only to a full recovery, but to one that leaves me in a stronger body and mind than at any other point in my life. This journey will damn-well have a reason, and it wont be for me to feel...
  3. MikeM

A New Blog Grateful for Feedback!

Hello Phoenix Rising community! I'd like to first say wholehearted thank you to the community. I've dabbled on and off for about 6 months and am always amazed by the knowledge and support of its members. Awesome. I've been working on a blog now for about 6 months, and I'd love to get some...
  4. MikeM

Flotation Therapy

I loved to use float tanks before CFS, but I had a very similar reaction to yours once CFS had made itself known. My experience was that the heat of the water in the tank was a little too much for my system to handle. I've definitely noticed that I become very temperature sensitive when my...
  5. MikeM

Bioresonance Therapy.

I once looked into using a SCIO machine - which is a biofeedback machine. Do you know if that's the same thing? Trouble was, I had difficulty finding a practitioner who would take me through a session! My search continues.
  6. MikeM

Benifical Subtle Energy Healing Technique

Thanks, David! I like this idea. I'm going to give it a try. I do feel like listening to a frequency lower than your natural resonance could be counter-productive though. Just like listening to a higher frequency tends to pull up your energy, I'd think that listening to a lower frequency would...
  7. MikeM

Can a B12 Deficiency Cause Vitreous Eye Floaters?

I had a conversation with my acupuncturist just recently about floaters. If you are open to alternative treatments, then perhaps this could help. His explanation is that while floaters are generated by normal processes in the body, usually the circulatory system flushes them out. When it fails...
  8. MikeM

Tai Chi

Hi Nial and group - I just wanted to mention that I too gained amazing results with qigong and tai chi. In fact, the form I learned was a combination of the two. I'd go as far as to say that it has been central to the improvements I've had. Like Nial, I made use of these practices very early in...