• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Heart beat feeling like it is pounding very hard...feeling and hearing each beat

I've never thought about that. I haven't gotten good sleep like I used to and am lucky to get 8 hours a night. I wake up multiple times from my sleep most of the time unless I take something that relaxes me. Never mentioned anything to the doctor because last time I had sleep problems (8 years...
  2. M

Heart beat feeling like it is pounding very hard...feeling and hearing each beat

@CFS_for_19_years Thanks for the response. I have heard beta blockers can help with the heart-related issues I've been experiencing. My doctor and cardiologist have not mentioned them yet (they still think nothing's wrong). I am going to entertain the idea of taking atenolol. Hopefully I can...
  3. M

Hi all, first post here. I have had the same symptoms of what some have posted here. For the past 5 weeks I have been dealing with heart issues. My main issues are a "heavy" heart beat that shakes me and is very noticeable and left-side chest pain (including left arm, shoulder, back and neck)...