• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. LaurieL

Hello Old Friends

I do not know where to start to describe my journey that I have been on since I left here and my experience with methylation and its many ups and downs. It is my hope that my own experience will not be dismissed, as at one time, I was completely dibilatated enough to lose my home, my career...
  2. LaurieL

I have a lot of BHMT and AHCY mutations, among others. Can you advise me?

Kaytie, would you also post your SNP's from your detox profile as well?
  3. LaurieL

Help! New hypoglycemia

This thread was last year, and so I provide an update. I actually swung the other way and became anorexic without appetite, and currently I am back to normal. I am beginning to see a pattern of detox, I seem to go through it in stages, and I am also experiencing healing in different stages...
  4. LaurieL

New to methylation tx, am I doing this right?

Since you edited your post, this one no longer applies.
  5. LaurieL

On the other side of the spectrum....lack of research does not constitute no effect, and clearly she has shown some effect despite lack of authority support. And it is this effect in which is being adopted in many circles, despite lack of published research. It is patient experiences in CFS/ME...
  6. LaurieL

Quote...You keep saying there is no relevant research.....which refers to your statements concerning genetics. Quote....There isn't really much research....which refers to the CFS/ME research, and there for does not reflect your statement of no research on genetics.
  7. LaurieL

JV, I have kept my questions quiet thus far, but now I ask. You keep stating there is no relevant research, but I ask you....There isn't really much relevant published research into CFS/ME, and I think we can safely say it does exist. Based on the principles of Dr. Amy Yasko, despite your...
  8. LaurieL

Those who offered to help: I have blood labs and 23andme results in now

Heres a great link for MCAD. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1424/
  9. LaurieL

Peanut Oil in Vaccines Behind Widespread Peanut Allergy Epidemic ?

It isn't just us that are having abnormal reactions, it a very large part of the population that is having some sort of reaction to them. This is similar to our food supply and them tinkering with the genetics of the plant to express certain characteristics, but what they don't understand is...
  10. LaurieL

Peanut Oil in Vaccines Behind Widespread Peanut Allergy Epidemic ?

This is why I no longer believe in vaccines like I used to. They argue that targeted vaccines initiate the immune system to generate antibodies, but it would also go to say, that whatever else they use in it also has the potential to generate antibodies....by association with the target, the...
  11. LaurieL

Any other cancer tumor marker tests to have along with a repeat CA-125?

I can't be of any help other than to let you know, if you go to the doctors data website, they do have a panel available. I can't tell you what is on the panel, but I do remember they test for several markers. It was something I was wanting to eventually do as well, this fall. Any info you...
  12. LaurieL

What is your maternal Haplogroup?

You would select H. You would select N.
  13. LaurieL

high prolactin post nasal drip??

Hi Heaps... I remember others talking about high prolactin levels on another thread. When I had a mold exposure, my prolactin levels were high, are you dealing with mold issues in your home? High prolactin is highly associated with toxic mold. Just curious.....just saying....:) I guess it...
  14. LaurieL

Do you work / have career?

If you are looking for healthcare, they will bounce you to the curb if you are chronically ill. It can be intense, long hours, call hours, and incredibly ill patients, and really bad bugs. The game changer would be if you think your immune system is up to the challenge.
  15. LaurieL

Repeat Test Reveals Dramatic Drop in ME/CFS Exercise Capacity

This is a start!!! Albeit not one any of us were expecting, but woohoo!! It really is a start, and if they can identify sub groups, and then correlate with the subgroups, we could very well get confirmatory results, and testing, and legalities tied down, and finally, some type of healthcare...
  16. LaurieL

SOD2 A16V homozygous mutation - anyone else?

Bluebell I usually work triple shifts on the weekends, so pardon my absence, I get a few moments here and there to check in over the weekend, concerning ACAT... My initial interest in ACAT stems from my medical history in which I have always experienced a very low cholesterol level and I seem...
  17. LaurieL

Has anyone added low dose lithium orotate into the mix?

Someone mentioned toxicity and carbonate. Without hijacking this thread from lithium, would someone care to expand on the carbonate side of things?
  18. LaurieL

Anyone fancy a plastic cuppa?

Get a tea ball, I have had mine for many years, poor thing, its seen some use. I have a mean headache today, are paper towels on that list? I ran out of coffee filters a couple of years ago, and so I had to use a paper towel instead. I have used paper towels ever since, because it makes the...
  19. LaurieL

I'm curious to know how much sleep most of us need

Solid 7 hours, and I wake up automatically. When I go through a healing crisis, I need more, and in broken intervals. Such as lately.
  20. LaurieL

Eye fatigue and inability to focus after taking adenocobalamin/dibencozide

This is an interesting thread. I have needed high doses of adob12 for more than two years, until just recently. And this symptom correlates with what is going on with me. I don't have an answer, but it has to be another correlating nutrient deficiency induction.
  21. LaurieL

Leg pain which becomes back and arm pain too!

Could it be related to a abnormal blood profile? or abnormal vascular/endothelial function?
  22. LaurieL

Rebuilding supplements & suddenly hit a wall

juniemarie and jasrich.... Metallic taste?!! Stop right there. Whatever combo you are taking, keep them, but lower the doses of them all. The metallic taste and the need for more sleep could be detox. Which is what you want, but by lowering the dose of your combo's, it will slow the detox and...
  23. LaurieL

I have a lot of BHMT and AHCY mutations, among others. Can you advise me?

I am not sure about the wall you hit, but I have some time off this week, I could take a look see, don't know if I can be of assistance there. I can however help with some information on niacinamide. I think its the MAO-A mutation in which we have in common, of which niacinamide is helpful...
  24. LaurieL

Does anyone ever get "irritable joints"? I have 18 of 30 mutations...

Triffid, Tart cherry juice is used to treat gout. Sounds like your friend has it. If you think it is helping you in some way, you may want to look into it more.
  25. LaurieL

suggestions for what folinic acid for shmt

Thank you greenshots......very helpful.
  26. LaurieL

Started Methylation protocol-Need Advice

OMG.....I must be incredibly stupid, because I still can't find anything labeled Misfit Toy.
  27. LaurieL

Ah misfit, I am a bit stressed, so I offer an apology for my abruptness. Hope you will accept. I looked at your profile page and your albums, and there is nothing under your album. To answer your specific question, yes, many have had to take crumbs of many of the available methylation...
  28. LaurieL

I am sorry, but I do not have time to chase results. Will you please provide a direct link? I have a meeting this aft, will get back to you.
  29. LaurieL

Have you done genetics testing? Do you have your SNP's that I can look at?
  30. LaurieL

Complete anhedonia (loss of feelings) as a ME symptom. Anyone else who has it?

I haven't read all the threads, but so much sounds familiar at one time for me. I have not seen oxytocin mentioned here. You may want to look into this.