• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Carryon

ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor

I rescued a lab almost three years ago (or should I say, she rescued me) when I was very sick. I didn't know if it was the right decision because I could barely take care of myself. She had such a large impact on me that I now foster other dogs and currently have two fosters which are looking...
  2. Carryon

Mercantile Bank Contest--Please vote for CFS Solutions daily!

Could use about 10 more votes to put it away - Please vote - 10 minutes
  3. Carryon

Mercantile Bank Contest--Please vote for CFS Solutions daily!

Please vote - CFS solutions is in first place with a few hours to go to win $1000 - let's give them a hand
  4. Carryon

Article: Two Weeks for $250,000 (or more) for CFS Support Groups with Chase Community Giving (Nov 8

Thanks to Cort and everyone working so hard to get the vote out. Also, thank you to everyone that has taken the time to vote for RMCFA. I and everyone at RMCFA really appreciate it It is an exceptional opportunity for us. Best, Mike Munoz Executive Director Rocky Mountain CFS/ME & FM...
  5. Carryon

Chase Community Giving Contest for Small Non-profits-Nov 8 to 22-$3M in Prize Money

Thanks! Thanks to Cort and everyone working so hard to get the vote out for Chase Community Giving and the other projects... Thank you to everyone taking the time to vote for Rocky Mountain CFS/ME & FM Association (RMCFA). I and everyone at RMCFA really appreciate! Best, Mike
  6. Carryon

DSM IV proposed reforms for DSM 5: URGENT: Submissions needed NOW. Help is here!

RMCFA letter to the DSM-5 Task Force The letter submitted to the DSM-5 task force from the Rocky Mountain CFS/ME & FM Association
  7. Carryon

DSM IV proposed reforms for DSM 5: URGENT: Submissions needed NOW. Help is here!

CAA just added their (new) comments on Facebook http://www.research1st.com/2011/06/14/apa-requests-comments-on-proposed-dsm-5-revisions/
  8. Carryon

Please take time to submit today As Suzy has stated....time is running out - Deadline is tomorrow (June 15th) Please take time to submit today Here is another link that may help with a sample letter for you to use if you prefer -...
  9. Carryon

Another Contest Vivant - to WIN Reseach Money!!

Thanks Marly and Dolphin! We will continue to get the message out and try and close the gap Mike
  10. Carryon

Vivint contest: PANDORA calls on its voters to ENDORSE Rocky Mountain CFS/ME & FM Ass

Thanks to Marly and PANDORA for endorsing RMCFA. We really appreciate it Thanks to Dolphin for posting and doing such a great job letting everyone know where things stand Mike
  11. Carryon

Bob & Courtney Miller question President Obama on CFS research/ Reno Town Hall today!

Video version Here is the YouTube link of the exchange between Obama and Courtney Miller http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2IFtkXofss#t=47m01s
  12. Carryon

Bob & Courtney Miller question President Obama on CFS research/ Reno Town Hall today!

The Q & A with the Miller's and President Obama... Bob & Courtney - You are truly amazing! http://www.enewspf.com/latest-news/latest-national/23735-remarks-by-president-obama-in-a-town-hall-in-reno-nevada.html Its a young ladys turn. Right here, in the red. Right in front. You got a...
  13. Carryon

The BIG CHASE: funding US ME/CFS non-profits

Thanks Doogle! We are not eligible for this round but will be eligible in the fall when the Chase contest is for organizations under 1 million. We are supporting WPI and CAA for this round contest. Best, Mike
  14. Carryon

Vote before 4 May to win WPI up to $500,000 - Round 1 of Chase Contest

Thank You leaves! I appreciate you thinking of us and the kind comments. We are not eligible in this round but will be eligible in the fall when the Chase contest includes smaller organizations. Best, Mike
  15. Carryon

TONIGHT (2/22) / TOMORROW -- Tell Katie Couric your opinion of PACE!

Folks! The Katie Couric interview is not about the Pace trials! E-mailing her will only alert them to that fact! CAA - CFS will be featured tonight on “The CBS Evening News with Katie Couric.” The report will focus on a new research study on biological markers identified in the spinal fluid of...
  16. Carryon

Article: CDC Chief Unger Pledges to 'Restore Trust' - Agrees to Meet with ME/CFS Reps

Marly will have a lot of help. She is bringing reinforcements. Mike Munoz
  17. Carryon

Article: Time to Make a Difference Together by Marly Silverman

Thanks Cort but there are plenty of smart people around us. I learn everyday from the amazing group of orgs, individual advocates and patients dedicated to change thanks to forums like PR. I want to give thanks to Marly Silverman and the Pandora crew. The letter sent to Dr. Unger and...
  18. Carryon

Article: Time to Make a Difference Together by Marly Silverman

It was great to see the blog exchange this week. It is good to see the power of social media give "food for thought". I appreciate Marly and all others stepping up to the plate and another very nice blog by Mary Schweitzer this morning talking about civility when giving input. Maybe because...
  19. Carryon

David Tuller and Vincent Racaniello talk reporting science and XMRV on TWIV

http://www.virology.ws/2011/02/06/twiv-119-science-and-journalism-with-david-tuller/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+VirologyBlog+%28virology+blog%29&utm_content=Google+Reader
  20. Carryon

Article: Indystar- Optimism grows for treatment of fatigue disorder

Columnist Shari Rudavsky writes an article in the IndyStar featuring quotes from Tina Tidmore, Dr. Bell, Kim McCleary and others... http://www.indystar.com/article/20110206/LIVING01/102060315/Optimism-grows-treatment-fatigue-disorder?odyssey=mod Please post a comment so she continues to do...
  21. Carryon

State of the Knowledge Workshop on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Trans-NIH ME/CFS Research Working Group State of the Knowledge Workshop on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Research Bringing brilliant minds together to create new science, and identify gaps in knowledge and opportunities for needed research April 7-8, 2011 Poster...
  22. Carryon

Retrovirology Publishes Five Papers on XMRV and Contamination

I let em have it in the comment section anyway... http://www.latimes.com/ct-met-chronic-fatigue-xmrv-20101220,0,3617078.story
  23. Carryon

Dr. Mikovits Responds by Andrea Whittemore on Monday, December 20, 2010 at 8:38pm
  24. Carryon

Mikovits response... http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/andrea-whittemore/dr-mikovits-responds/495512512528
  25. Carryon

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post Finally a level-headed comment to today's news, aruschima; thank you. You are spot on; our job is not to try to judge an extremely complicated science that very bright people have spent their lives immersed in. Those who have no scientific background...
  26. Carryon

Frank...see posts 59 and 60... CFS Solutions (not 501c3 yet) and Vermont (private foundation) are not eligible... Mike
  27. Carryon

I have now heard back from Rik Carlson at Vermont CFIDS Association... They are a 501C3 "Private Foundation" Anyone know if that falls within the Chase rules?. . If so they would like to be considered but we would need to get them filed with Chase. Mike Munoz
  28. Carryon

I e-mailed with Lori Kroger at CFS Solutions of West Michigan and they currently are not 501c3... they are in the process but probably will not be completed in time Mike Munoz